Ready to ride!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klutchbuster350

Reaction score
Got my third gear running like a beast, frame is all welded and re-repainted, now I just need a clutch cable so I can go hit up Seminole!
framepaint011.jpg

framepaint010.jpg

framepaint009.jpg

framepaint008.jpg

framepaint007.jpg

framepaint006.jpg

framepaint005.jpg

framepaint004.jpg

framepaint003.jpg

Before
batterybox011.jpg

After
framepaint002.jpg

framepaint001.jpg

not only did you add weight to the frame but you also made it not as strong. I bet you it will break again.

[quote:bu23dqzs]not only did you add weight to the frame but you also made it not as strong. I bet you it will break again.
And what would you have had me do? Leave it alone until my frame crackes in half?

[/quote:bu23dqzs]

I would have gotten it fixed right personally.

[quote:cyvlo9hx]
And what would you have had me do? Leave it alone until my frame crackes in half?

I would have gotten it fixed right personally.[/quote:cyvlo9hx]
I dont see whats wrong with it? We took it to a credited welding company, The welder welded the crack, and then welded those two steel brackes as a support to the frame, what is so incorrect about that?

honestly it looks like some tard with a mig welder cobbled that up. If the person was a certified welder they would have used tig and cut a piece of pipe in half a little larger then the frame to make the frame stronger. You basically just made more points for the frame to crack. This is why I told you not to take it to a friend rather someone trained in welding with the tools to do it.

Also, get a freaking skid plate as your frame is bent to hell..

personally, i think it was done up very well, the larger pieces of tube wouldn't have been bad but very ugly, these pieces look very good and the welds look like they should hold decent

Sure, I am running Kenda Klaw mx's. 20"fronts and 18" rear. I use to ride on holeshots, and razrs, bu these kenda klaws are much better. Not to mention the ones you see in the picture are over a year old, while my old holshots had to be replaced every few months.

Thanks for the information. Do you ride in any regular muddy tight trails? I was thinking of getting the kenda klaws mx, but I do only trail/mud riding.

Then your going to want to go with the xc klaws.

But klaws are awesome..... completely outperform razr's and holeshots just because they hook just as well and dont wear out.

And about the welds..... i think it should hold up. Its deff. going to have a harder time breaking in that spot again.

Yeah go with the Xc's. I took that z400 to a well known south florida mud and trail riding area a few weeks back, Those tires did perfect, I only got stuck once, and that was because I was eating **** looking back, and the right half of my quad sank into a mud hole.

Kinda agree with jason on this one. I bet the next crack is in font or behind the current sloppy fix job. I know my fair share of welding info and I hope you didn't pay to much to get this done. It will Hold but for how long and there are better ways the welder could have gone about making the proper fix.

Back