Ready to get rid of the warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borregowarrior

Reaction score
I have had it with this thing (2001 warrior 350)Nothing but issues since i have had it.I thought after a new carb ,starter and battery i would be set but now i have no spark!! Just a quick question to all How many times does a bike have to leave you in the dessert before you write it off?

Last edited:
yeash man, sorry to hear that. So you had spark before the new battery carb and starter? This is your fiest post so I have no idea as to what your warrior story is. Test the coil and stator with a miltimeter. If those test out fine, it could be your on/off switch internally.

Hopefully u figure it out. They really are super reliable quads.

Well i did not want to bore anybody but here it is.I bought the quad November 2007 and it rode good for 2 rides then when i put it away one day came out and all of the fuel from the bike was on my garage floor.So i figured well it is 6 years old it must need a carb rebuild.So i ordered the kit rebuilt the carb and no leaking.Every thing is fine right!! well thats what i thought until i rode 6 miles out into the dessert(by myself)and she just quit.I killed the battery trying to restart it.After pushing it up a hill to get a bump start it fired right up and ran all day as long as i didnt let it stall.(no idle)after a new fresh battery from the dealer it did not want to start unless I bumped it.Maybe 2 out of 5 times it would start right up with the start button but it was a craps shoot.After being towed back to camp many many many times by my wifes 1982 suzuki ALT 125 my friend advised that the accelerator pump may be bad.I agreed since it was not included in the carb rebuild kit.So i ordered a rod set kit (37.88) and installed with no results.Then the starter stopped working all together.So after got bent over at the dealer for a starter it started right up and idled fine for 5 or six minutes.than it just shut off.That was it .I took apart the carb like 3 more times and it is as clean as a whistle.if i stick my palm over the back of the carb it will go pop pop pop like its going to start but never does.The plug it very wet, the gap is right all is good.Then i checked the spark to see if it was strong and it was non existent.The coil tested good but now i am suspecting the CDI. Just dont know how to test it

You said the plug is wet, that could be a sign that its running rich, hence a low idle or no idle at all. I haven't messed with the warrior carb but if it has it maybe the ,mixture screw or if it doesn't when it was rebuild something could have been messed with. It may not be the cdi, it could be the stator.

Its in the case I think should be on the left side of the quad, should be a cover that comes off and the stator should be right there, you can look up stators to get a idea of what they look like. You may also check all wires, wire connections, plug wire, make sure they are in good shape everything is connected not burnt or broke wires.

I woulda checked the stator to begin with and saved some money. How you describe it, sounds to me like it was going out and finally did. Wasn't a carb problem at all after you rebuilt it.

gotta agree on the stator on this one, atleast half of the no starts turn out to be it. Do the testing to verify, but your best thing to getting it running was signing up here.

OK.. pulled the stator off and i don't know what resistance should be showing. Mechanic tells me 500ohms on one 300 hundred on the other.
the book says 270-330ohms on the source coil and 170-209 ohms on the pickup coil.I am getting 498 on one but it does not stay there it counts down.the other is 240ohms.The book does not identify which is which.

Is it bad?

moz-screenshot.png
according to mine the source coil wires are white/green and red. the pickup coil wires are blue and yellow. you only being able to get it running by pulling it or rolling it down a hill ill bet its the pickup coil, thats the one it reads when trying to start with the switch. either way one at 498 and a no start with no spark tells me unless you have a wiring issue somewhere its the stator. just to be sure before you drop the money on a stator, run threw and check all grounds connections, even the quick connects. if they check then i say get ya a stator.

I got a RM. Good product but shipping from Canada sucked and they messed my order up the first time.

My rmstator works great, costed $150.00 shipping took about 1 1/2 weeks. Don't buy dealer parts unless you have too much money then you know what to do with.

That dealer is ripping you off!!!! that stock stator from yamaha is 259, to check prices of stock parts and get part numbers to match what the dealer pulls I use yamahasportscenter.com they even have diagrams to show what parts are what. I have gotten some jets from them once before for my vstar bike and it took them about 3 days and got them in the mail.

Got the RM stator today and i cannot get old stator out i think dog the bounty hunter torqued these screws in here.
guess i have to make a trip to town for an impact driver(58 miles)

Back