Razrs....4 ply or 6 ply

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

rex

Reaction score
I'm getting a set of Maxxis Razr tires...front and rear.

Should I get 4ply or 6ply???

2xtreme

Reaction score
6 ply.

There a little more expensive, and probably a bitch to mount (right, Death?) but from what I have heard worth the extra $ and aggrevation.

And since you are probably not mounting them yourself, who cares how much of a pain they are to mount.......

warriorxcr1

Reaction score
get the 6s. i had the 4 ply and they are not the best. needed plugs right away

ratchracing

Reaction score
I've got a four ply rear set....had to put about 10 plugs in em...there worn out now so I'm gettin the 6 ply this time, I wouldn't reccomend the 4 ply.

boxhead

Reaction score
6 ply all the way, I've only heard of one person ever puncturing them, and that was on a large shard of glass. You can also run them with no pressure and still not lose the bead because of how stiff the sidewall is.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
wow how are all you guys puttin all these hole in your tires??? running over glass ? i have had 4 plys for about a year and havent had a problem till last time i rode and i got a cut in the side wall... i fifugre it all depends on wht your riding on.4 plys are fine by me.. 6ply s i think would be heavy..

tistheman5

Reaction score
deff get 6 ply. even tho i have a hole in mine i ride in nasty **** so there like no way of prventing it. normal stuff you wont have a problem, if its nasty put some slime in it or go the expencive way and get tire balls. but slime and 6ply is awsome

boxhead

Reaction score
Over a bottleneck you would get a flat, and it wasn't any of us that had the flat foo!!!

boxhead

Reaction score
That was the only flat I've heard of with the razor2's though, very tough tires. :eek: You should of seen what happened to my buddy's stocker tires, he put over a 1/2" stick through them. That was about his 6th hole he put in the stock three wheeler style tires, those things sucked.

rex

Reaction score
If I'm going 6 ply what about the Razr 2's or the iRazrs???

Any opinions???

06yfm350

Reaction score
i have regular razrs on the front, i like them better then the others.

my stock tires lasted 15 mins on my raptor when i first got it back around october i think it was.. lol

Latest posts