RatchRacing's Warrior Project - UPDATED 03/27/07

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratchracing

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been keeping busy over the winter with a project warrior I picked up a few weeks ago. Its a 2001 that blew a connecting rod bearing, picked it up for $300 Can. I'm rebuilding the engine and putting all new bearings and bushings in her. This Warrior is going to be my bros ride, We've already got some performance mods for her:

-White Bros Pipe
-K&N Filter
-Wiseco Piston
-Webcam Midrange cam
-Kibblewhite Titanium valve springs

I'm also doing a minor P&P to the head.

As she sits now, in need of some cleaning and paint
100_2573.jpg

Cases back together
100_2575.jpg

Theres an engine in there somewhere
100_2576.jpg

Even the EXT is hurting now, the jackshaft got bent up after some nasty drift hammering.
100_2577.jpg

Well.....I'm out to do more work to it now......

nice projects....

ratchracing in wath consist your minor P&P to the head....can you give me some tips or advice if I want to do one by myself too.....i got all the tools to do it at school

nice projects....

ratchracing in wath consist your minor P&P to the head....can you give me some tips or advice if I want to do one by myself too.....i got all the tools to do it at school

I'm just doing a quick clean up job of the intake and exhaust ports, clean up any factory blemishes and smooth the ports up. If your looking to get HP numbers from a port job you should take it to the pros who have flow benches and know what they are doing.

Made some more progress on the Warrior project, heres a few pics

100_2578.jpg

100_2579.jpg

New Rubber vs. Old Rubber
100_2580.jpg

Engine just needs the head done now
100_2582.jpg

Painted A-Arms with new bushings installed.
100_2585.jpg

My new Truck ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
100_2587.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

coming along nicely....great find on that warrior...what do you have done to that rappy in background?? i think it's gonna look really good when it's done...just keep us updated on the pics!!

coming along nicely....great find on that warrior...what do you have done to that rappy in background?? i think it's gonna look really good when it's done...just keep us updated on the pics!!

the raptor is cammed, piped, open air box, etc etc, theres a big list of stuff in my sig that gives the breakdown for the most part. The Warrior will be my younger brothers quad.

damn, I need some rubber too! and that bumper thats on it looks sweeet. and nice truck My dad has a 'o2 Dakota just 4X4

looks great and im rooten you on dude becuase im in the same situation except mine is taking a loooot longer. All i have is the engine, that im still buying the parts for, the frame that im gettting titled and panted. And a bunch, i mean a bunch of aftermarket stuff for it. Nothing i mean nothing is put together yet and ive been working for about 4 months. I never got my priorities strait and i bought the wrong stuff at the wrong times. Sooo now im broke actualy in dept like 800 and i dont have my job back till next week and i can only then work weekends and im only gettting payed minimun wage. Good thing i have another warrior that works or i would be killing my self from not riding. Mine is taking forever but you look like your coming along pritty well. Good luck with that.

Awesome project.. especially for the price. How is that truck on gas... i hear those things are real gas hogs.. even with the v6.

Awesome project.. especially for the price. How is that truck on gas... i hear those things are real gas hogs.. even with the v6.

its not that bad really, i get almost 500 km on $60 and the gas prices are $1.01 per liter here now :eek:
my monte carlo was better on gas but couldn't haul the quads or bikes like the Dakota can. Fair trade off if you ask me.

Very true, why i asked is some guy downtown was telling me how terible his gas mileage was with his v6 dakota and i didnt know if it was true or not.

More progress has been made. The rubber is mounted and the electrical has started to be installed. The head should be here and installed this week, hopefully running by the weekend ;D

100_2597.jpg

100_2601.jpg

Back