RatchRacing's Warrior Project - COMPLETE!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratchracing

Reaction score
Well I was able to finish up the project warrior this weekend, its my brothers quad and he seems pretty amped about it, I did about 90 % of the rebuild work though. Bought the machine for $300, put less than $1500 into it (this is Canadian $$$$) in rebuilding the engine and the chassis.
Heres the original thread about the rebuild :
http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=pictures&action=display&thread=1172359329

So here is the 411 on the machine:
-2001 Warrior
-Wiseco 10.25:1 Piston
-Webcam midrange camshaft
-Kibblewhite Titanium valve springs
-Ported and Polished head
-White Bros E2 pipe
-DG front bumper
-DG swingarm skid
-All Balls Racing a-arm bushings, shock bearings, linkage bushings, etc.
-Jetted with a 146 DJ main, +1 on the needle, 2.75 turns out.
-Maxxis Razr2 21" fronts, 20" rears, fliped rims w/ flush mounts.
-Custom made direct shifter lever.
-Progressive Suspension Dual Rate front shocks w/ ugly ass covers.
-EBC brakes.

My bro and I managed to get in a short ride together today, the engine only has one hour on it :eek:

The re-cap
When I first got it
100_2573.jpg

100_2575.jpg

Stripped down
100_2578.jpg

100_2579.jpg

100_2585.jpg

The rolling chassis
100_2597.jpg

And the Complete Project (after a little ride, don't mind the mud)
100_2612.jpg

100_2608.jpg

100_2607.jpg

Me and the machines
100_2615.jpg

Looks great man.

I'd loose those shock covers though, as you already know they look like hell, and they really don't serve that much of a purpose anyways.

yeah, get rid of them, other than that it looks sick, nicely put together, i think you need something to compliment the a arms and shocks, that looks sweet man, good job

Thats great good job on the rebuild. I have one question because i bought a titanium spring kit off ebay. I was wondering if you have a picture of what you got in your kibble white kit? Pm me it if you have it thanks.

Thats great good job on the rebuild. I have one question because i bought a titanium spring kit off ebay. I was wondering if you have a picture of what you got in your kibble white kit? Pm me it if you have it thanks.

I don't have a picture but there should be (for each valve) a bottom spring seat, top spring seat, retainers, inner and outer springs.

Thanks for the positive replies guys, I'm really thinking that the shock covers look like hell too but I'll have to convince my bro to ditch them cause it is his quad.

So who is faster?? The modded 350 Raptor or the modded 350 Warrior?

Need to get some sibling rivalry going here. ;D

Nice job.

niceee job bro..... very very nice build. glad to see it all done.

flipped rims look awesome too!

Nice man, looks really good. Not sure how much it came to in american money but it sounds like it was relatively cheap to build a nice warrior.

you know what would be sweet?....matching them, like have all of the same mods and colors etc. make them identical warrior/raptor

damn. that was fast, i think it looks better than my warrior.. and those tires look mean man what are they.. razr 2's? I need to get some new tires but dno if I want to spend the money..

both quads lookin good. are those stock a arms on that warrior?

Well guys, to be honest, the quads have the same piston, cam, valve springs, porting, tires, gearing so I think the race would be pretty much dead even. The only internal engine mod that I have that the bros Warrior dont is a Barnett clutch. It rides pretty nice, and it should with all new bushings and bearings, not to mention the dual rates on the front. The rear shock really needs some help but I'm looking into a banshee shock upgrade for it.

My bro and I are going riding this morning, hopefully I can get some nice action shots / vids and post them up.

FYI: $1700 Canadian (total rebuild and purcahse cost) = approx $1470 US

My brother has sold the Warrior :(
sad day to see another YFM go but it was well worth it. He got twice as much for the quad as he put into it, good investment if you ask me, doubling your money :D

Now for my next project....................hmmmm perhaps a basket case Banshee???? hehehehe

Back