Raptor/ Warrior 350 upgrades ??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THORrider05

Reaction score
I have a friend with a raptor 350 and he's wondering what he can do for more performance. He already knows a pipe ,cam and re-jetting but was wondering what else he can do. I did a little research on a vitos key and told him about that. And what could I do to my 87 aswell because i cant have his quad faster. Ive noticed that a few people upgrade the carbs, what are some carbs to look for and what all is needed to swap? We were talking about making a custom header like an fmf powerbomb, has anyone tried this before?

Sparkymichigan makes custom exhausts you send him your stock header and 50 or 30 bucks don't know exactly 5.75" by 2.5" expansion chamber. You could also bore it out. Or make a stroker

Thanks for posting the link Alex was just about to post it but couldn't find it!

I would look at gearing first. With 20" tires I run a 14/40.
Then think breathing. Air in air out, you want it as easy both ways as possible. Better filter setup and pipe help in those departments.
I run the Vito's key, not sure if it helped or not. I did to many upgrades at once. It's pretty cheap $50 (key$20 flywheel puller$30). It does make it a bitch to one it later on though.

But you can put all the money in power and your suspension is still going to suck! I would start with it first.

man the main thing to up grade on the warrior first would be the suspention. then go ahead and get a new free flow air filter like a k&n with exhaust and rejet. i have recently done alot of work to my bike and it really woke it up. i have a K&N filter with adapter and no lid on the air box, vitos key, sparky's tourq pipe, HC stage 1, bored .050 over, rapter 350 muffler with race baffel, 660 rear shock, works front shocks, ASR +2 A-Arms and i have a minkuni 38mm round slide carb coming that should be here tomorrow. I went from stock to WOW with the mods and they are pretty basic compared to some of the bikes on here. And going from 87 oct to 93 was a must. You dont have to do all that to get a seat of the pants feel. But IMO and many on here start with the suspention and you wont be sorry.

The suspension isnt a big deal for us right now, yes we do want to upgrade it but we know what to do in that area( or im learning cause i have an 87). I can get my quad to skim on top of whoops pretty well with how the suspension is currently set up.The prev owner used to race and im really unsure of what he did to the shocks if anything at all. My friend already has a k&n filter i forgot to mention. I am running 20in rear tires and he has 22's at the moment but is buying tires and i beleive he's going with 20's aswell.

The suspension isnt a big deal for us right now, yes we do want to upgrade it but we know what to do in that area( or im learning cause i have an 87). I can get my quad to skim on top of whoops pretty well with how the suspension is currently set up.The prev owner used to race and im really unsure of what he did to the shocks if anything at all. My friend already has a k&n filter i forgot to mention. I am running 20in rear tires and he has 22's at the moment but is buying tires and i beleive he's going with 20's aswell.

Looking at it your suspension its all stock

Last edited:
Back