Raptor front shocks on a warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
Ive searched and to no avail. Whos done it and does it fck anything up? Ive got a line on a pair for 25$ so the price is right. I have an 87 so there is no way Ill be getting longer a arms so do you think it would be a stupid move? Ive done the rear rappy conversion and its like a dream now on to the fronts. Any replies would be great!

I weigh 240 lbs so ride height shouldnt be too much higher besides it should help absorb the bumps a bit better. The stockers werent bad for me so these should be a great improvement. My quad is already pretty wide(flipped back wheels and some new fron wheel spacers +2 inches each side) So a little taller shouldnt hurt it should be better when standing up then.

It will work-but eventually f-ck up your front end :'(
Try useing a front end lowering kit-they are cheap and will take away some of the problem-the raptors shocks are alot longer.

It puts added stress on the ball joints due to the longer length. And at rest and while the travel is fully extended it makes the ball joints not rest in the middle of the play, but rather pressed against the side of the cup.
~Bill

actually nevermind im using the shocks to add travel and better ride wouldnt lowering the front pretty much void the benefits of the rappy shocks? And Nobody positively does not make wider front a-arms for the 87?

actually nevermind im using the shocks to add travel and better ride wouldnt lowering the front pretty much void the benefits of the rappy shocks? And Nobody positively does not make wider front a-arms for the 87?
I talked to a guy at H.S.D racing-He told me that a set of one-offs for my 87 would cost $700,any color.Other than that there is nobody selling them.If I did that(I dunno,thats alot of clams)It would work nicely for me,I have the YFZ450 front shocks on mine and they are a little longer than the Raptors shocks I think.I saw the lowering kits on Ebay for cheap.

The added wheel travel comes from the shock itself-the length of the shock helps determine that(plus other s*hit I dont understand.Here is a pic of that long of a shock compared to the stocker
shockcompare.jpg

Jc raptor shocks are 15 1/2 " eye to eye I believe.

Ive notice that with the wider front end my warrior sits lower in the front end than with the spacers off and the wheels flipped to stock so Im hoping with the new rappy shocks it will sit just a little higher than normal. Damn thing handles so sweet now with the wider front end. This past weekend after I put the rappy rear shock on I was wide open 3rd into 4th hitting 2.5-3 ft tall whoops about 3/4 of a quad length apart. With a stock rear shock im betting id have broke something. I was surprised though at how well the stock front shocks held up. With the new rappy fronts i bet I might get into 5th down that same stretch. . I took my buddy on his 250r twice and a z400 on this stretch and they were asking me If I had the big bore kit

Ive notice that with the wider front end my warrior sits lower in the front end than with the spacers off and the wheels flipped to stock so Im hoping with the new rappy shocks it will sit just a little higher than normal. Damn thing handles so sweet now with the wider front end. This past weekend after I put the rappy rear shock on I was wide open 3rd into 4th hitting 2.5-3 ft tall whoops about 3/4 of a quad length apart. With a stock rear shock im betting id have broke something. I was surprised though at how well the stock front shocks held up. With the new rappy fronts i bet I might get into 5th down that same stretch. . I took my buddy on his 250r twice and a z400 on this stretch and they were asking me If I had the big bore kit
Yeah,man the warrior is a great quad with the right suspension....

Back