Raptor Carb settings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreed5821

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the stock settings on an '05 Raptor carb? I know I've seen it listed on here before but can't find it now. I cleaned it and it will start while giving it a lot of gas but goes dead if you release the throttle at all. Is there a tutorial on here anywhere about how to set it? It sat for about a year and a half without being touched. I drained the gas after it had been sitting for maybe 3 months, but it was stale so we cleaned the carb when trying to get it going again.

If it ran fine before being stored, I can't imagine anything needing "set". Your pilot jet circuit is probably plugged with varnish.
How exactly did you clean it?

Took it apart and cleaned everything that looked varnished. Soaked it overnight then cleaned it. I took it off and my Dad cleaned it while I was working. I went back and put it back onto the quad. There used to be a tutorial on here about breaking the carb down and putting it back. That's what I'm hoping to find.

Thanks, Ya'll

Been there with my own "clean looking" carb...

You have to verify flow through ALL of the pilot jet and accelerator pump circuits. Just soaking it will not do. The circuits have VERY small passages and openings, including:
1) Removing the pilot jet itself and poking the hole open with fine stainless wire or similar.
2) Passage through the float bowl. Careful not to break off anything in here or your bowl is porked.
3) Brass "straw" on the air cleaner side in the venturi... tiny hole facing engine must be open to discharge accelerator pump shot.
4) Remove air screw completely and verify flow through pilot jet well and out the hole that the needle tip end of the screw pokes through.

Then soak it again, just for fun, until there is NO green pond scum or dried white snot anywhere.

If bike is all stock, I think the air screw needs to be approx. 1-1/2 turns out from lightly seated. Correct me if i'm wrong fellas.

Reinstall carb, fire that mutha up and hone on it!

Last edited:
If you have to go more than 2 turns out, then its time for a bigger pilot. Usually 1 1/2 turns is the norm on most any ATV carb.

Thanks ya'll. He cleaned all of the passages but maybe missed one. I'll check it out first chance I get.

Latest posts

Back