Raptor 660

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidwayUSA

Reaction score
Not a Warrior or Raptor 350, but here is my latest project:

Raptor 660

Still keeping my Raptor 350 but trying to sell my Warrior to fund this money pit. Definitely will still visit this site regularly. This is one of the most active and fun forums I have been a member of.

Still doing machine work on all makes and models so if you need anything machined hit me up.

its coming along ... should put the warrior body on it ...lol... jk but it would kool

The frame is an 01 but I verified by trans gear tooth count and by engine serial # that engine is an 02. Appears somewhere along the way the 02 frame got wrecked and they transferred all the good parts to the 01 frame.

It kept saying page not found when i got to page 5-9. But it looks like a really fun project and u always do awesome work so im sure it will be sweet.

I haven't done any more pages than the 3 that come up. I used my Raptor 350 pages as a template so I wouldn't have to build new ones from scratch. Too much work to make the links at the bottom so I just left it. There will be more pages as I progress.

Nice bike..!!...You'll love it..!!....I bought myself a 01 660 last year(also upgraded trans),and handed down the warrior to my 15yr old son.

Check out raptorforum.com,tons of useful stickys,and knowledgeable people.

You stated you installed a used one-way....if its a stock one,save yourself the hassle of tearing it down again,and install a aftermarket L&A one from ebay...this is a known prob,and the stocker will just fail again at some time,usually shearing the bolts off,dumping them into the bottom of the mill.Can get with or without the 52 tooth gear,depends on cond of yours.

Also should check out some of the decomp mechanism posts,known to back out...used to be a guy offered billet parts,but no longer,now people are known to tack it in.

Parking brake and reverse limiters should also be bypassed to prevent probs...just like the PB on the warriors....reverse is actually almost useless until you remove the limiter.

Enjoy the bike man..!!

I've been a member on that forum for a while too. I have most of the things you listed on my to do list as I move forward. Going to get the Dr D reverse cable re-locator too. The parking brake is already gone. The one way will have to wait for now but I do have that on the list for down the road. The one I put on there is in great shape and I put better bolts in there and red Loctite. I did a tack weld on the decompression pins on a friends recently and that is on the list as well. I never really rode a 660 before now but looking forward to being able to climb the 80 foot dunes with it!!

That looks great! If I had the money I'd consider buying one. You can pick up a sweet 660 for peanuts today. Gotta stay with the warrior for now. Just don't have the cash to buy another bike. I like the gray primer look on the engine, btw.

That is engine enamel clear coat over a glass bead clean job on the cases. They looked nasty and since I had the bearings all out I gave them a good blast job to make them look nice.

That looks great! If I had the money I'd consider buying one. You can pick up a sweet 660 for peanuts today. Gotta stay with the warrior for now. Just don't have the cash to buy another bike. I like the gray primer look on the engine, btw.
I wish I could afford one also, my buddy just picked up an '04 660 for $1800.00 and its ready to ride. Someday I will find one!:atv:

Latest posts

Back