Raptor 660?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am thinking about buying a used Rappy 660. The prices seem to be falling on them since the 700 came out. I have seen some pretty good deals out there. Any experiences or thoughts on the 660 please let me know! I believe they had some issues during the first couple years of production, not sure when they ironed out the kinks, which would be the year I would be looking at and beyond.
Thanks

I know the 2001 raptor 660s had tranny problems. But Id say that in this current year any and all 01 models have been corrected.

01 was the only year due to tranny... 02 up are great bikes. just needs a good set of tires and you'll be fine!

the piped z400 felt a little stronger down low, but the raptor pulls hard. awesome bike, but a-arms, an axle, and standard travel shocks will make it worth the dough.

put a grand into it in used parts and new tires on the stock wheels and ya got a sweet ride!

-ant

i have a raptor 660 its an 04 all hooked up i bought it brand new in 04 and since then i put close to 2000 in motor work ,carb, pipe and cosmetics to make it fast and i love it

[quote:0d0etgxx]i have a raptor 660 its an 04 all hooked up i bought it brand new in 04 and since then i put close to 2000 in motor work ,carb, pipe and cosmetics to make it fast and i love it
And why are you doing all this **** to your warrior then?[/quote:0d0etgxx]

Please stay on topic. I have noticed a number of threads getting off topic in recent weeks.

Flyinacez along with other members don't want to scroll paste a number of posts that have nothing to do with the topic.

This is not a warning, don't take it as one. If you have any comments PM me. Further off topic posts will be deleted if myself or the staff thinks its off topic.

Hey guys, what's the difference between liimited edition's and stock on the raptor 660's?
Thanks

My buddy bought an 01 660 and blew up the trans (2nd gear). He put it back together and had to disassemble the whole motor just to get to the trans, but he did it and it is a bad ass quad. I liked his 660 more than the YFZ 450 when it comes to how it fits me and how it rides on tight twisty trails. Its a little heavy but it rocks and doesn't have to be revved up to get power.

I heard that the 660 can feel a little tippy in the corners, until the suspension/tires are updated. Like everyone else said watch for the 01's, and the tranny issue. Just because someone says they redid the trans doesn't mean they have and are just trying to get rid of it before it chews itself apart.
Ohh, I also heard that jetting the 2 carbs can be a little frustrating.
~Bill

Hey guys, got a 2002 Raptor 660le all black. This was purchased through a divorce settlement . $1400, this thing does not have one scratch anywhere. Absoolutely no dirt at all. Everything is in showroom condition. Front tires still have all the borders on all the knobs. I will post pics midweek. The husband bent the upper left a-arm within the first 5 hrs so says the wife and never rode it again. She kept it in the garage for 4 years. Totally covered in cobwebs and dust. Me so happy:p

Yes, I am going to part out the warrior. I really want to keep it but no room in garage and I really need the money!

whatever you do dont buy a raptor 660, i hate them with a passion, they are so friggin tourquey thet you can sit on the hood and pin it and it will pull up, they are way too top heavy, have shitty grip, and they are way too skinny

whatever you do dont buy a raptor 660, i hate them with a passion, they are so friggin tourquey thet you can sit on the hood and pin it and it will pull up, they are way too top heavy, have shitty grip, and they are way too skinny
well if you read the rest of the posts you would know that he already bought one...

Did you ride it yet??? You're going to love the power they make, it's totally different than a Warrior...lol. Great woods bikes, but the suspension could definately use a little work. You got a hell of a deal man, enjoy it....

The high center of gravity has been a concern for me aswell. Most people say it just takes some getting used too and that I will love it, hopefully they are right! I won't be parting out the warrior for at least 2 weeks to give me a chance to see if I like the Raptor. That's one of my favorite things about the warrior, when you sit on it you feel like your hugging it and are nice n low!

Latest posts

Back