Raptor 350 motor build... guy isnt paying me

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior87sambo

Reaction score
Hey guys long time since iv been on here summer has been crazy lol. So i dont know if any of you remember the raptor 350 motor i was building for this guy but bottom line is he isnt paying me. i have had the motor since april and i bought all of the parts for it out of my pocket (i know im a dumbass that trusts a little too much) so im here with 400 sunk into this thing that i could really use for my toy fund lol. plus he owes me 160 for labor. he keeps saying "give me two weeks" and bullshit like that. i told him what it was gonna cost and he said he could afford it so i started the build and now im 400 bucks in the hole. its got a vitos key, wiseco .40 over piston, ported and polished head, and kibblewhite black diamond valves. What do you guys think i should do?

Since you gave him a quote before you started the build, And he gave you the ok to start so he is obligated to pay.I would love to have that motor in my 350 raptor but I am just waiting for something internal to go bad and then its on lol. I would tell him he has until a certain deadline to pay, Ask him if he can pay in payments or You can always take him to small claims court.

Give him a deadline. If you don't pay me for what I have out of pocket, and my services by the end of the week, I am taking the engine and all parts as payment. If you talk on the phone with him, record it, cell phones can do that. Also, write up a repair order stating everything. Lastly, don't finish it if he does pay. Just hand over the engine and all parts and tell him to take a leap.

you can file a mechanics lein on the motor and bike...

Since April, I would sell it, give him notice of your intentions in writing and be done with it. Some folks are just plain stupid.

Thanks for the advice guys! Im gonna call him tonight and give him a deadline. I f he doesnt pay by then i will be finishing the motor and posting it up for sale on here... any ideas on what this thing is worth? I know the motor itself has 130 hours on it. the reason it was rebuilt was the guy was trying to pull the header off and he damaged the head. so i bought a new ported and polished head for it and he asked me if i would do a big bore on it so thats what its got now. If anyone was interested in va i would be happy to install it for you. and yes dino i agree. especially with the amount of work i have put into this thing.

Latest posts

Back