Raptor 350 dyno numbers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palerider

Reaction score
Found this on James Dean Jetting web page. This is one of the few Dyno numbers I have seen on a stock 350.

http://www.pbase.com/jdjetting1/image/64795622

It looks like it was ran with stock nobbies and put down 21.62 stock. After installing his jet kit it looks like it jumped to 22.44 and the with the lid off it jumped to 23.3.

Pretty good jump for just using his jets. His jet kit is expensive but they are custom made for each machine. You hear nothing but good things about JD Jet kits.

http://jdjetting.server304.com/

Damn thats really good, If you added a cam, piston, pipe and filter you'd be looking at low to mid 30's nice.

I don't know a whole lot about dynos, but I do know different dynos will give different readouts. There's a couple of things that determine what numbers the machine puts out. Problem is I'm not positive on what all dictates the readings..... Maybe somebody else on here will have all the info. Not saying it's not right, but it seems a little high to me.

I agree it does seem a little high to me to. But what you can't fudge is the overall increase in power. Just by putting in better designed needles in the carb look at the jump in horsepower. $75 for a kit is a little high, but a pretty respectable jump in power for just changing out needles and jets. Put a pipe on her and filter then jet with the better needles I bet it would really jump.

I believe you will get that much out of it with a jet kit, but it doesnt have to cost $75, I have heard that Yamaha jets there engines lean out of the factory, jetting it right could give you that power increase

I Not saying it's not right, but it seems a little high to me.
Yeah and when they say 16HP that seems a little low to me. Do ya believe that the YFZ puts out 40HP, well thats what the dyno says. You know what everybody has their own opinions and so do the dynos. I believe it.

I don't believe 16hp either. I've always heard in the 18 range, but who know's that may be false also. I have a buddy that has a dyno. Haven't seen him in a while, but this summer if I see him out and about I'll get mine on it. I can't go to his shop, it's a mobile dyno in a trailer he takes to the drag races and stuff like that. Now I'm curious....

All dyno's will have a variation in readings. Trying to compare dyno numbers (HP and torque) from different dynos is a pointless exercise.

Dyno's are simply a tuning tool, thats it.

You make your baseline runs (all stock) so you have a starting point of reference before making mods.

Then you do successive dyno runs as you make tuning or hardware changes - and it must be on the same dyno, and pretty close in the same atmospheric conditions (temp, barometric pressure, humidity, etc).

This tells you what the difference is between stock, and where your mods are going.

Back