raptor 350 carb on warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

levonskinator

Reaction score
I read the tutorial on the z400 carb and that looks really similar to the raptor 350 carb, i am just wondering about the jetting. would stock raptor jetting be close to stock warrior jetting?

Stock raptor jetting should be dead on for a stock warrior, everything in the engine is internally the same, the only differences are the airbox and exhaust, which shouldn't be enough to throw the jetting off.

YamaRider said:
Stock raptor jetting should be dead on for a stock warrior, everything in the engine is internally the same, the only differences are the airbox and exhaust, which shouldn't be enough to throw the jetting off.
Isn't the Cam Also diffrent?

Yeah, the head/cam had minor changes, enough to not make the parts interchangable, but not enough difference to change the flow much or affect the way it runs or the jetting.

levonskinator said:
would a warrior cable work, or do you need a raptor cable?

I'm not sure, I would get the raptor cable though to make sure it's going to be compatible. My guess is that it's going to be different at the carb end, enough that one won't be compatible with the other.

Deadaim said:
YamaRider said:
Isn't the Cam Also diffrent?

The cam bearings are different. I don't think the lift and duration is actually any different.

The cam has a little more midrange and topend than the warrior I think, they were out to make it a little more aggressive and sportier. A raptor 350 carb might run a tad rich on a stock warrior. the stock warrior exhaust has that nasty crimped part which I doubt would be so bad on the rappy. There's only one way to find out...

yea i got it on, but the carb keeps slipping out of the manifold, i have the right manifold, its a raptor 350 manifold, but the carb keeps slipping out, any ideas?

That's the first question that comes to mind for me as well, if that band clamp isn't on then it sure won't stay in place.

Second thing, is are you definitely sliding the carb in as far as it will go? I'm not sure about the raptor 350's setup, but some carbs take some persuasion to actually slide in as far as they're intended to.

yea im getting it clamped on with the clamp, and i am pretty sure i have it in all of the way.... the carb can only go in so far, the manifold has grooves in it and the carb had like bumps on it that prevent from going any deeper

There isn't oil or grease in there making it slick, is there?

I don't know what else to say, there's not really much that could be wrong with it, just tighten it more or something.

Latest posts

Back