Raptor 350 carb on warrior need help ASAP!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto7668

Reaction score
So my 03 warriors carb is junk...I have a chance to grab a raptor 350 carb for $100 this afternoon...will it work?

Not trying to spend more than $100 I've had the machine for a month and its been problem after problem...I just want to ride the thing and enjoy it haha...the raptor carb comes with the manifold but what else will I need to make it work?

I think the intake tube to the air box was different to...

But if you wanna be cheap, and make a bit more power. Why not look at the Keihin PE carbs?
My neighbor has a warrior to, and he's running a 38mm PE. He had to make an intake for it, and modify the intake tube. Which is actually pretty simple to do.
He bought his carb new, and it came with a cable for the thumb throttle. You might have to buy one, but I'm pretty sure the stocker will work..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keihin-PE-S...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2326303a34&vxp=mtr

Just in case your stocker is no good.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BLAS...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b417cff6&vxp=mtr

needed a different airbox inlet the raptor carb was too big...but ended up buying a warrior carb off him..got home hooked it up, still pisses out fuel? i dont get it, i open up my airbox and its filled with oil and gas, looks like from the old carb when it leaked a gallon and a half of gas into the crankcase. I just cannot win with this thing, had it for a month and haven even got to ride it, getting pretty sick of this!!

Well the reason why I got a new one was because I bought a rebuild kit and while trying to pull out the needle seat I snapped off one of the posts for the float...on the new carb I put in the new jets and gaskets and the new needle valve just not the seat cause I didn't wanna repeat today's earlier events

Would having all that gas in the crankcase and having it overflow into the air box cause it to spit out gas and run like crap? I'm going to put fresh oil in it tomorrow..I just want this straightened out haha

Haven't we been through this before?

I will never run properly without a good float valve and correct adjustment.

Go to your local dealer or the net and get a shindy carb kit for around $20-30,
Throw out everything in the kit but the orings,gaskets and float valve.
Problem solved.
Clean carb first though you dont wanna keep pullin it back off.

Got a moose rebuild kit this morning for the old carb before I broke the float post off...put the jets and o-rings and needle valve in the new carb tonight...it was already clean...so again this is where my frustration comes from..dumping money into this thing and not getting anywhere

It did until I took the air cleaner out and disconnected the crank case vent tube...but then realized I had a gallon of gas in my crank case, so I stopped working on it till tomorrow morning when i can drain and change the oil AGAIN

But I think all the gas and oil getting blown all over the intake from the crankcase vent hose was making the engine stall...I dunno I'm off tomorrow so I'm devoting my day to getting this hing 100%

start with changing the oil and getting all that gas out of the case then go from there and let us know?

So woke up, started changing the oil....stripped the drain plug completely, took me 2 hrs to finally get it out, went to the yamaha dealership picked up a new one for 8$, finished changing the oil, put everything back together and threw a fuel filter on, runs great and doesn't leak gas....fingers crossed my problems are solved for now!!!

Latest posts

Back