Raptor 250

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topdwg

Reaction score
Well I took the wife to look at one yesterday and she fell in love. The dealership here only had the SE custom, which was pretty cool looking, all black. Anyway the sales guy said he could do out the door $4100. Not bad, but it's still a lot of money, for me anyway. The only reason she wants one is because the Warrior's clutch is to stiff. I put on a MSR lever and lubed the cable. It helped a little, but still nothing compared to the Raptor. Has anyone tried the Magura Hydraulic kit? If so how much a difference was it? My wife is barely 115 soaking wet so she needs something easy to pull. I heading there in a few to look at it again, hopefully I don't cave...lol

My quad came with a barnette(sp?) clutch kit and I think it's pretty easy to shift, and I'm not a really big guy either, 5'6 and about 130-133 pounds.

I was on Exriders last night and went to the rappy 250 section and there is a guy on there with 3 fullblown race raptor 250's..All built with lonestar products..Ill get the link sometime

I rode one today and for a small/light person they are perfect. I don't understand why someone would want to do something like that to only a 250? Anyway, she doesn't know it, but it's hers. I pick it up on the 28th (her birthday), I couldn't resist the guy made me a pretty good deal. So now the warrior "should" go by, by, key word should. I might just keep it as a good ol trail machine. Actually the warrior is the only thing running right. I fired my 450 up this morning and it was puffing black smoke and back firing like it was cool. So while we were at the dealership the sales guy hooked me up with his people back in service. I should have known coming down from 2000 feet to sea level. Oh well, I'll see how she doesn on Thursday when I pick her up...

No kidding...lol It's funny because with them being blown they're probably now just as fast a 450.

No kidding...lol It's funny because with them being blown they're probably now just as fast a 450.

I highly doubt you'd be able to get a 250 even close to the power output of a 450. I get what you're saying though, what's the point of getting s a slower machine for your kid to ride, then dumping 5 grand into it to make it faster instantly?

Trust me they are to small. I'm about six foot and I'm cramped as hell! Perfect for those on the small size though.

If you want to make your warrior's clutch easier, look how the raptor 350 cable is mounted to the engine, if you mount the warriors clutch cable the same way it well be a lot easier to pull, you don't need to use your clutch to shift gears just to get rolling, if you want your thumb throttle to be easier get one of the 36mm BSR mikuni carbs off a raptor 350 or the z400, but the warrior is probably a little to heavy for a girl, I own both the Raptor 350 and warrior, there is not much difference between them, the warrior you can make handle and perform better then the raptor 350 pretty easy, the only disadvantage is the warrior's weight, but the warriors weight is lower to the ground (lower center of gravity)then the raptor witch makes the warrior corner (less tipy) better then the raptor

Back