rapter 660 modid swing arm for warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior stu

Reaction score
i was wondering if any one would buy/pay for a modded warrior swing arm that will work with the rappter 660 rear shock that has the res on it at a 45 degree angel thinking about doing this for my self and if it works i would be willing to sell them. the rappter 660 rear shock can be found cheep on e bay and there is allot of them its also a good shock for us big guys so let me know if any one would like one ill have pics up asap and i could even paint them. price well.... not sheer yet but wen i get mine done i will let you all know so just let me know if there is any one interested in one. the price wont be $$$$$$$$$$$ but still have to pay for the part and supplies im thinking under $100. that would also incloud paint but if you dont want it painted thinking about $80 so just let me know and if you have any sujetions i would be glad to hear them thank you and have a good day.

I don't understand. What is the benefit of an '02-'05 shock over '01?

Ya i remember one member modding his to fit the 660 rear and hacked the hell out of it and did not look safe at all.

dont know how the other guy did it but if you use high grade steal the part that needs to be cut out will be stronger then the meteal that isused andthere for not compermise the strength

all the other brands i have see look like they will bolt up
and yes the benifit is shock avalibility so im going to buy a cheep swing arm and if it works right then ill mod the one on my atv

I say try it out and post ur pics and info on what u had to do for us to look at and the handful of guys on here who know their **** can chime in and tell us if it will work or if its gonna fail on the trails. The 01 remote rezzy shocks are gettin hard to find.

I'm not saying your design will be like the other just stating someone tried it but half assed it. I'm all for new custom mods.

i know you were saying its what the other guy did and i was not trying to sound mad or any thing

i do believe in doing things right but just to help make this safe my dads a mekanical einger and im going to have him help me im a welder fabricator and i know that haveing multiplier inputs on a designee is always helpful so when i get the chance ill post some picks and yes i just looked on e bay not one stock 01 rapy shock but like 76 02 and up ones so yes they are getting hard to fined wish me luck hope to have it done in 2 weeks with all the disine and stuff

Was trying to be funny. FAIL apparently. I TRY to put together parts designed by my companies imagineers daily and if I hear "hmmph? It worked in the model" one more time I may stab someone!

Here's the thing, where you need to notch it at you will be creating a smaller cross section. That's an area that has to resist a lot of shear, bending and torsional forces. Even if you use a thicker wall I still don't think you'll have the size to resist the force as well

Back