Raced a Raptor 660r and 500 predator.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonp

Reaction score
I got to ride them and clearly the polaris was faster. Had more top end power and hit then the 660. After riding the 660 around I thought my warrior would give it a good run. I knew though that I would for sure not be able to even keep up the the 500. The polaris had some mods as well.
The warrior was running pretty strong so I felt pretty confident that I would keep up to these guys. I had my buddy jump on the 660 and his cus on the 500. We ran up and down the field about 10 times.. I got beat by both of them by about 3-4 bike lengths on the 660 and the 500 put about 6. Not to bad I thought for just a little 350. The biggest thing is they had more gear then me. So I was in 6th gear and they still were acclerating. Still I was very happy that I could be this close to them. They are both great riders.
I tell you that 660 didn't feel any faster then mine when I rode it, even when we just both were racing around it was all that thing could do to pass and get a couple lengths in the mid gears.. If I 15T on the front I think I would have done even better but thats ok.
I think DSW has raced a 660 and beat him from what I remember. Goes to show what a little more compression will do or the rider level.

Thats what I like to here man. Is that the old Fuji 500 or the new KTM?? I new the old 500 wasn't no slug.

dave76 said:
Thats what I like to here man. Is that the old Fuji 500 or the new KTM?? I new the old 500 wasn't no slug.

older fuji engine. It didn't feel as fast as the 450's but it was up there.

I did race one and did beat it through the gears. I blame it on traction... even though my bandits suck on just about everything i used my body to gain a little extra traction. I didnt get passed untill i was wide open in 6th and let off because it felt like my motor was going to scatter. But he was starting to pull slowly. This raptor was bone stock and i do believe i was a better rider.

I did a compression test on mine monday....175psi cold...but i'm switching to a hot rod 400 stroker pretty soon they claime 11:1 compression is it right Jason ?

They say a stock raptor 660 has 36 hp? Not to shabby. Maybe a little more fine tunning with jetting changes I could be a little closer. I know going up one size on the main helped me big time and instead of being flat on the top it just has more of a kick in the pants now. Has a much more sharp feeling in the power band like the engine is responing better.
Now I just need to race a z400 of some sorts and see how I fair. I bet it would be a very close battle. Next time I'm putting in the big gear. I was shifting so fast that I don't think I was doing my self any good as I spent more time shifting then in on the gas.

courchaine said:
I did a compression test on mine monday....175psi cold...but i'm switching to a hot rod 400 stroker pretty soon they claime 11:1 compression is it right Jason ?

Sweet man! Hotrod kit is a 10.5:1 piston. Did you play with gaskets or anything to give you more compression?
From what I remember I had that as well 175 psi or so.. I was using a really shitty gauge so that doesn't help anything. I'll try it with the snap on one hot sometime and see what I come up with.

I seen that your cam has a little less duration then mine so that will help compression and aid in low end power.

No i cant say that i ever have done a compression test. But it does have an arias 12:1 compression in it. .430 web cam also

Latest posts

Back