Question regarding running idle and on choke

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you have both nuts that secure the rockers bolts? it sound that something is on the loose inside the head!.
By the way im from portugal!

also check for play in the cam bearings.
Take the cam lid off, remove the chain tensioner to have some slack in the chain and move the chain sprocket around there should be no play at all

Will check it later this evening. The exhaust valve nut was still on the adjustment screw, couldnt get to the intake valve yet since I haven't had the time to disassemble the bike that much.

Cheers,

Frederic

Well it appears to be something much, much worse than some rattling valves. I've found a lot of metal shavings and a few pieces of metal inside the case. I am contemplating pulling apart the entire engine because I think the issue is located in the gearbox. Wlii pist some pics of the pieces of metal I've found.

:eek:hno: Sorry to hear of the misfortune. You've had it a little over a month and ya gotta tear it apart.

sorry man but mine sounded just like that when the crank bearing went bad. Get you a new hotrods crank and slap it in and you will be good to go. It's pretty easy to split the cases on these engines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVUnTv72GC4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I have not disassembled the engine any further than this yet, but this is what I have found. And I presume it is the connecting rod bearing that has failed. What do I do about this? Do I change the bearing itself, do I change the bearing and the con rod or di I change crank and con rod?
Do any of you guys know if the con rod is included when you buy a new crank (possibly hot rods crank if it is available here)?

Last edited:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tVUnTv72GC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have not disassembled the engine any further than this yet, but this is what I have found. And I presume it is the connecting rod bearing that has failed. What do I do about this? Do I change the bearing itself, do I change the bearing and the con rod or di I change crank and con rod?
Do any of you guys know if the con rod is included when you buy a new crank (possibly hot rods crank if it is available here)?
Just buy a hotrods crank and it will be complete and ready to put in. Very easy to change

Update on the engine: Due to not enough time to disassemble the engine myself, I brought it to a repair shop. They have inspected the engine and found this.
- Piston needs to be replaced
- 1 crank bearing is messed up
- Con rod bearing is broken (knew that already)
- Oil pump is broken
- 2 bolts have come undone somewhere in the engine (don't know which ones yet)

It will be repaired, grand total 730 euro, Labor included

Back