quad shuts down after getting on it to long

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hauser2169

Reaction score
i put a 400 storker kit in my warrior about 2 months ago. when i get on it for a little peroid of time, usually when i come out of corners, my motor will act like its a twostroke, you know kinda like wanting to foul a plug, then it will just die. then when i try to start it, it doesnt evan sound like it gets compression? i took the starter off it looks fine. could it be my jetting??

My first instinct would be something is over heating. That big bore is producing more heat - did you put an oil cooler on to complete the job? I am not sure why you would check the starter unless it isnt cranking also. How long does it take before it will run agian? Did you pull the plug and put finger over hole to see if you are correct on the "no compression"? While the plug is out, check for spark.

I dont think it could be jetting - but the float is possible. I would be more inclined to think it would be ignition (check spark). Taking into account that your producing more heat - may be a stator issue. Or it may be the harness wearing against the frame and grounding where the wires go around frame to the cdi.

If you can eliminate compression, then spark from the list of possibilities - then check the carb

it will only run again if i get another quad and tow me. after a maby 25 sec it will start. then if i shut it off, it will start. my harness is fine. i jsut redid it with electircal tape.

check your float and accelerator pump -sounds like it is flooding

If it seems like the starter is pretty much spinning freely after it shuts off, than my guess would be that a valve is getting stuck open at the high rpms, that would cause both the engine to shut off, and would also make it seem like there's no compression when you try to start it. It could possibly be something with jetting too, but that wouldn't cause the 'no compression' feeling that you get when you try to restart it. When it shuts off again, the first thing I would do is pull out the spark plug and see if it looks like it fouled. I never heard of a 4 stroke doing that though.

i took the spark plug off today, and man it doesnt have compression at all, somthing internaly is messed up. haha hope alba has some kinda warranty haha

Back