quad names

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I named it Butch (butch means 'big and strong') lol what a dumb thread

I named mine for sale and thats what it did .......sold

i call it the "grey dragon" kinda after the "red dragon" in old school

i call mine "the smurf" because the plastics are blue (of course, its a yamaha) and i painted the headpipe blue (with VHT flameproof paint)
f06b4a09.jpg

also, i call my 300ex (i know its honda, but it was a good price for an '02), either "the honda", "the 300", or "the ex". i guess i could also call it "slower than the warrior/smurf"! lol its a good quad though. no real complaints about it. love the chain adjustment!

i call mine "the smurf" because the plastics are blue (of course, its a yamaha) and i painted the headpipe blue (with VHT flameproof paint)
f06b4a09.jpg

also, i call my 300ex (i know its honda, but it was a good price for an '02), either "the honda", "the 300", or "the ex". i guess i could also call it "slower than the warrior/smurf"! lol its a good quad though. no real complaints about it. love the chain adjustment!
Holy crap, where can i pick up some of this paint!

oh god, everyhing on the Z is going to be yellow now, or is going to have elka painted all over it, lol j/k

[quote:kn1e9fdu]oh god, everyhing on the Z is going to be yellow now, or is going to have elka painted all over it, lol j/k
Yellow? take another look bud, its gonna be all black one day ::)[/quote:kn1e9fdu]

I was thinking it would be covered in elka stickers, since you had at least 4 threads devoted to them which could have all been put into one.

But the name of my quad can change, some days its junk, somedays its fast, others its slow, some days its a z eater, somedays its an ex eater. It all just depends.

[quote:12kmz60s]
Yellow? take another look bud, its gonna be all black one day ::)

I was thinking it would be covered in elka stickers, since you had at least 4 threads devoted to them which could have all been put into one.

But the name of my quad can change, some days its junk, somedays its fast, others its slow, some days its a z eater, somedays its an ex eater. It all just depends.[/quote:12kmz60s]

No I dont lol, I have one thread that asks if i should get the elkas or the bumper, one that says i got them, and a review on them.
SO THATS 3!!!!!
I dont take my elkas that far, I mean HELLOOOO they are the cheapest line of elka out their, besides, I dont like elka stickers, they are too big lol.
But my attraction still goes to the front end of my z, i live the way the black spring, black bumper, black handle bar, and black hood go together!

like i said, the paint is called "VHT Flameproof" paint. its made by PJ1. it looks like they have yellow for your z, but they might have black. if you do it, clean clean clean!!! i sanded the header down to the bare metal, i think i used the VHT primer, but i dont really remember now if i was able to get it. i remember that i wasnt able to get the clear coat here in town though and i think its kinda expensive for shipping on the cans of paint. anyway, if you can get your hands on the VHT flameproof primer, use it. if not, clean it down to the bare metal, degrease it (and try to use gloves to keep your skin oils off of the bare metal), and then use light coats on it until you get it coated well. i think i ended up using 2 cans of paint to get a good coating on it. then bake it like the instructions say. you might want to try to clean out the inside of the header before you paint and bake it. not sure if it would smoke the place up. if i could i would have got the clear coat and done that as well. good luck.

Back