Quad law question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudbogginsouthernboy

Reaction score
Hey guys I rode my quad in my yard today and I was about to load it up in my truck when a cop went by and stopped and starred at me the went across the street to my nabors so minding my own I look over my shoulder and the cop and nabor fella was standing on the porch looking at me pointing so I went back in my barn and came out and the cop had a yellow peace of paper. What was I doing wrong? Anyone have any ideas I live kinda in town but alwssle keep it in my yard.

Sounds like to me you should walk over to your naibors and ask if theres a problem?? I live in a development out side of city limits but theres a sign when you turn into my subdivision and it say no atv's or hunting but i have ridin mine down my street before when i first installed the new piston and my naibor and his wife came out, so i stopped at there driveway and said i was sorry to bother them,, told them what i was doing and why and they said they didnt mind just wanted to see what it was!!!!

Some times it just takes some comunication then again they might just be your average assholes who dont want anyone to have any fun!!! Sounds like to me if the cop left and didnt come and talk to you then theres prolly nothing they can do and the yellow paper was just a list of rules which again i gess your not braking or the cop would have come to talk to you..

Where do you live in Ohio? And if it was a noise violation the police officer needs to approach you about it as well. But I would definitely approach your neighbor in a kind respectful manner, unless he decides to communicate otherwise

It was probably a ticket for destroying the spelling of the word 'neighbor'. :D

2 things can be possible:

1, your violating a noise ordinance in your city. If ya gonna ride in a neighborhood, and if your not going to do anything to put a quieter muffler on, then at least google the noise laws for where you are. Some people just don't want to hear that ****. If your out in the "country" or whatnot, then you should be fine. ALSO depends on WHEN you were riding.

2, you have a dipshit neighbor. I have one, but they can't do anything about it because I have a stock pipe thats not loud. But I don't ride early mornings or late nights..

2 things can be possible:

1, your violating a noise ordinance in your city. If ya gonna ride in a neighborhood, and if your not going to do anything to put a quieter muffler on, then at least google the noise laws for where you are. Some people just don't want to hear that ****. If your out in the "country" or whatnot, then you should be fine. ALSO depends on WHEN you were riding.

2, you have a dipshit neighbor. I have one, but they can't do anything about it because I have a stock pipe thats not loud. But I don't ride early mornings or late nights..

I just brought it out in the yard for about 10 min to play in the snow around 2:45 pm so it wasn't early in the am and I heard don't ride after 6 I just don't want a cop knockin on my door wanting to take my quad

Just an asshole neighbor. I'd go over and talk to him and see what he has to say. Likely if you approach that guy and he sees that your not some hooligan, I;m sure you two can come to an understanding.

If your at or under the 98 decibel limit, you cant get a noise violation ticket.....whole reason that have that limit in the first place.

I'm actually curious how this one turns out... no one likes an asshole neighbor, that's for sure. I don't know why everyone can't just mind their own business and let other people do what they want to do.

yeah those are the ones that think they own the neighborhood but realy just need to keep there noses in there own buisness but i gess when they have no life,, well they gotta butt in yours..

Back