Quad for Dad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reactant

Reaction score
So, I'm trying to find a quad for my dad. He said specifically that he wants 4wd and that he didn't want to feel like driving a couch like the new huge bores do. So far I've found an '01 Arctic Cat 400 4x4, a '99 Polaris Scrambler 500, and a '96 Yamaha Grizzly 600. Prices are 2500 (wiggle room), 1500 (I doubt it), and 2500 (firm). All of them are in great shape with few minor problems, and the Griz comes with a plow & winch. I think the scrambler might be too sporty for him, but it's a great price. I like the 400 because its the newest and isn't TOO huge. I feel like the Grizzly is too big for his taste, but it's simply so much for the money. Anyone have any advice?

Something else I found was an '05 Rancher 350, but I feel that might be too small, and it's listed as 2800.

Take a look at the Yamaha Wolverine 450. It's a lower horsepower sport style 4x4 quad. It's just a touch over 500lbs, and has fairly good stock suspension, so it wont fell like a couch.

Take a look at the Yamaha Wolverine 450. It's a lower horsepower sport style 4x4 quad. It's just a touch over 500lbs, and has fairly good stock suspension, so it wont fell like a couch.

Yes, I considered the Wolverine. It would be perfect, but they're so dang rare I can't find any! Don't wanna wait too long cuz I want to get a ride in before the snow comes.

Found one today for 25, but when I contacted the guy, he said that he'd decided to keep it. Is '06 the only production year for the Wolverine 450...?

I ride a Warrior. Dad bought a 2010 Grizzly 700 EPS to compensate. I'd recommend the grizzly.

Heard problems of Griz overheating due to the lack of liquid cooling...should I consider this?

So I found a Rancher 350 and Foreman 450 , and they're both in REALLY nice condition, but both also really far from me...still leaning toward the Arctic Cat cuz it looks in great condition and has a good engine size.

I would certainly go with a Cat before a damn old hondawg. I've been "anti-Honda" my whole life for no reason other than that's what evvvverybody in my part of the country had except me. My buddy's had big reds, 200sx, 110, 185s... I had a KX80 and a Hustler trike. Fiberglass tub, footpegs on the axle of a small front wheel, ape hangers, and a 5hp B&S in the back with a slip clutch. Wish I could find some pictures of it.

So I found a Rancher 350 and Foreman 450 , and they're both in REALLY nice condition, but both also really far from me...still leaning toward the Arctic Cat cuz it looks in great condition and has a good engine size.

Anything but those PITA Honda's. Not a fan of Artic Crap (I joke), but I'd take anything over a Honda.

Lol you guys have any reason to hate Hondas or just joking around?

I explained my illegitimate reason and somehow throughout my 42 years I've owned an 84 ATC110, 85 200X, 86 350X, and a 1985 750 Shadow. They were all decent machines but none of em made my weiner pop its thermometer. The Shadow would be my favorite though. Starter was out when I got it and I'd have to run beside it then jump on and dump the clutch as soon as my weight was on it or the tire'd slide or wheel hop like a bitch in 3rd gear. Oh and a crushed velvet seat insert with vinyl around the edge. Didn't blister the ass after summer sun shine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back