Push button not staring my bike

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike350

Reaction score
I can’t start my warrior with the push button but it starts perfectly by jumping the starter solenoid. Out off the two relays it has only one of them is clicking but I have 12.4 volts going to both of them. I’ve tried switching them but still only hear the one click when I turn on the ignition. There is a blue with white stripe wire going to the relay that doesn’t click. It starts out red with white stripe at the push button and goes through the solenoid and turns blue with white stripe and heads to the relay that doesn’t click. When I push the start button I get full continuity to the frame telling me it makes the ground for the starter button circuit. Is that correct?

start by grounding the yellow/black at the CDI, cut off relay clicks and puts power on the blue/white wire? Starter relay is then getting power on that blue/white wire? Start switch grounds the red/white wire and engine cranks. Normally it must be in neutral or brake on. This all goes thru CDI.

sounds like the solenoid is bad. Mine was doing the same thing. Bought a $5 china/ebay solenoid and fixed the problem. BUT... the china solenoids are total **it. vibration makes them turn the starter on and you have to keep hitting the button to shut it off. Use it to swap a part to see if thats the issue, then buy an OEM one.

Latest posts

Back