Purchase price

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnguyen85

Reaction score
I was wondering who ever bought a new bike did they have to pay a destination fee and a assembly fee.... I was confused but they did pin the destination fee of about $300 on me but they waived the assembly fee. In total i paid about 6000 for my raptor 350 brand new.... I was wondering if i got ripped off... I did get 2 helmets, 2 gloves, 2 goggles, a pair of boots.... Tell me what you all think because the raptor was suppose to be about 5000 msrp. and the accessories were suppose to be negotiated in....

Alot depends on were you live so dont get to shocked by

someprices you see but I paid $6100 for my raptor 700 new OTD

how did you get a price like that? Some damn good bargaing skills?... Did they try to put those destination charges and assembly charges on you to? i live in texas so i'm not sure if that should matter

how did you get a price like that? Some damn good bargaing skills?... Did they try to put those destination charges and assembly charges on you to? i live in texas so i'm not sure if that should matter

Like I said there are areas that are harder to deal in. I know I see alot of people in Arizona having to pay higher prices because the demand is so high. I'm not sure about Texas but im sure you cant buy as cheap there as here.

I got on the web to a dealer I know sells cheap but is about 3 hours away. I called them and got a quote for my 700 at $5900. I then called my local dealer and told them what I wanted and what was the best OTD cash price they could do. They came back with $6300 and i told them what my other quote was and they said they couldnt touch that but tried to give me a speach about buying local and I would get down there and not get that price. I said let me think about and Ill call you back. I called him back about 30 mins later and said Ill split the difference with ya and make it $6100 or Im headed out of town to go buy the other one. They came back and said ok so for $200 more I didnt have to drive 6 hours so it worked out good plus they give me a discount and everything I buy since I got the quad there. I have probally saved that $200 back with that discount. ;D

I wouldn't say you got ripped off, you just didn't get the best deal possible. a lot of dealers charge destination charges, I don't remember if I paid one though, I financed 4800 for the quad and a helmet after an 800 dollar down payment. I think they did charge me like 100 bucks or something for an initial service. which probably includes the following services: fill it with oil and...no thats it.

Everyone around here starts at retail and goes up.....

Everyone around here starts at retail and goes up.....

really wow that sux...

but for the guy who bought his 700 for $6100 that is one HELL of a deal i think it would of been cheaper for me to drive to where you live and pay that for a 700, rather than paying the same amout for the 350. down here they would of pinned a 8500 OTD price for a 700 SE

I guess that was a bit of an overstatement by me, but not by much. There is a Honda dealer nearby that has the reputation of selling for a good price. Most eveyone only price matches to quotes within 200 miles of them.
Nebraska is a different state. Not that many places to ride so most of the sales are utility quads for farming and ranching operations. There are a few race tracks to support sport quad sales. To get a deal like that around here a guy would have to light up the phone lines and/or pound a lot of pavement.

Back