Purchase opportunity - worth it??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2xtreme

Reaction score
OK boys,

I have an opportunity to pick up a 92 Banshee for 2300.00.

Details are as follows:
Rebuilt motor (less than 10 hrs)
lightened flywheel
high-comp piston
powder coated frame

all the goodies...

Thing is, most (all) of my riding wil be on tight trails...

Could prolly sell it for a grand more to the right buyer.

Lemme here your thoughts.....

to me that price seems pritty fair and i don't think you could really sell it for a grand more maybe where you live but from what i have seen on ebay you can get much newer ones for what you might be able to sell it. And for ridding it as much as people say banshees suck in trails, set up with some nice pipes and tires possible shocks they are great in the woods surprisingly , its a love hate thing with a banshee , but i think you will like it.

thats a pretty high price for a 92. you could probably get a 2000 model for about that price around here. unless that thing is decked out to the max then its probably not worth it

It is decked out to the max, I forget everything that's been done to it but it is loaded. Obviously I would have to see proof of the internal mods.

And by selling it for a grand more to the right buyer, I meant to the 'right' buyer... ;)

go for it then see wha happens , if you really like it just keep it and ride but if you don't go for that "right" buyer. Lets see some pictures

I think it's too high! Buddy just got an 02 for 1500$ in great shape, no motor mods though!

honestly people don't pay any more or much more for mods of any kind to a fourwheeler. This actually goes for just about everything that you will buy or own.
The price is fairly high for the year.

92, I would talk him down and if he don't go down let him try to sell it else were, I'm sure he'll still have it and come find you.

Wow can really see the differance in prices from west coast and east coast. I would **** a brick if I found any year banshee for that price. The only banshee you will find in Oregon for that price is a rusted blown engine one. Stock 92's here start at the lowest $3200. Average price here of $4500-5000. I would get it in a heartbeat just to have as a playtoy for that price.

I'm in California myself.... $2300 is WAY too much for a '92.

$1400-$1800 tops, *with* those mods. It can be loaded, but its still 15 years old.

Any more money than that it would have to have a fully qualified, and extremely built, race engine.

A lot of guys will try to tell you Banshees are "in demand" and since theyre no longer made, and you cant green sticker (in Ca) the late model ones, the older ones are worth more.... blah blah blah....

Its a load of bullshit.

While there is no shortage of idiots with delusions of grandeur about their old Banshees, theres plenty of reasonably priced ones out there. Look around more.

I'm in California myself.... $2300 is WAY too much for a '92.

$1400-$1800 tops, *with* those mods. It can be loaded, but its still 15 years old.

Any more money than that it would have to have a fully qualified, and extremely built, race engine.

A lot of guys will try to tell you Banshees are "in demand" and since theyre no longer made, and you cant green sticker (in Ca) the late model ones, the older ones are worth more.... blah blah blah....

Its a load of bullshit.

While there is no shortage of idiots with delusions of grandeur about their old Banshees, theres plenty of reasonably priced ones out there. Look around more.

I guess Ineed to buy my quads from California from now on. You might be able to find a roller (no engine) for $1800 here. But if it even remotely runs its around $2800. Different areas, states, have different prices. Its worth what somebody is willing to pay. And Banshees are still being made, just not being sold in the U.S.

I guess Ineed to buy my quads from California from now on. You might be able to find a roller (no engine) for $1800 here. But if it even remotely runs its around $2800. Different areas, states, have different prices. Its worth what somebody is willing to pay. And Banshees are still being made, just not being sold in the U.S.

Sounds like it... thats a crazy premium on an old Banshee you guys have up there.

I know the Banshee is still made and not sold in the US, but you will hear that its not made anymore by tards selling their overpriced Banshees. Theyre too stupid to realize its just not sold *here* anymore... (stupid 2-stroke laws!)

One thing I noticed around here, is that Duners are usually the ones with big delusions of grandeur on the selling price. So most of the time if a guy has paddles in the back, fins in the front, and the other usual duner equipment, they'll be the ones that think they can sell it for what they bought if for.

I watched a guy try to sell one like that over a 3 month period on Craiglist, then he started lowering the price.... within a couple months he had dropped the price $2000 (from 5K) for an '03. He finally sold it... lol.

Most of the time a decently priced Banshee can be found down here if it was setup for Trail/XC. Those folks dont have all that sand clogging their heads ;)

Yeah my brother-in-law is selling his totally stock mint 2002 Banshee for $2300 and is having problems trying to get that. All offers are around $1800 and he don't want to let it go that cheap.

Yeah my brother-in-law is selling his totally stock mint 2002 Banshee for $2300 and is having problems trying to get that. All offers are around $1800 and he don't want to let it go that cheap.

For a 2002, $2300 is not unreasonable at all. I wouldnt sell it for any lower than that myself. Hell, $2500 wouldnt be a stretch either IMHO.

A lot of low-ballers in the area?

It seems all quads are high priced here in Oregon, Thats how I sold my 2000 warrior for so much, which im not complaining about ;D Seriously though im in the market for a banshee so I need to start looking for deals In california. Im only 6 hours from the border. Anything around $3000 here is an awesome deal, so the money I would save by driving to Cali would be well worth it. One thing that drives up the prices on banshees here is that no one leaves them anywhere close to stock, most of them have around $9000-$15,000 into them not including the purchase price. Its almost impossible to find a nearly stock Shee here. 2 guys in my club are selling there shees, one guy is asking $7000, which he will get once the riding season gets here again, and the other guy is asking $6300, here is his ad http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/429304894.html

Here are the pictures of the shee for $7000. He has $15,000 into it

I'm pretty sure I've seen that shee before, in the letters section in dw's.

Yeah Thats Martins shee, He is from here in Hillsboro, OR. The only thing that is original on it is the carbon fiber gas tank top cover. He has put a total of maybe 3 hours on it since he finished it back in March. He is selling it to get a rhino for his wife, he just started building the YFZ450 for himself. That seat on it cost him $250 from Cascade innovations, they replaced the foam so you just sink into it when you sit on it, it also has "ghost flames" sewn into it. He wont let me ride it though, but Im still working on him.
The black shee that I gave the link for belongs to Brent And he just got the engine broke in before our last trip last weekend. He just dropped $9000 in the engine :eek: Its only a 4 mill but it is fast as hell. Here are a couple more pics of his from our last trip
Brent and his shee
brent2.jpg

And one in action
Brent.jpg

And here is a video from our trip showing him (and others from our group) tearing up lost goat

Clicky to Play

He just dropped $9000 in the engine :eek:

9 grand?

I've built 2 Eliminator engines for Banshees, neither came even close to that kind of money.

Unless a lot of his cost is labor? Does he do any of his own work?

Any idea whats been done to the engine?

[quote:tmv356p1]He just dropped $9000 in the engine :eek:

9 grand?

I've built 2 Eliminator engines for Banshees, neither came even close to that kind of money.

Unless a lot of his cost is labor? Does he do any of his own work?

Any idea whats been done to the engine?[/quote:tmv356p1]

He is one of those "rich guys" that doesnt work on his own quad, so Part of that $9k is labor. He believes in buying the best that money can buy for his toys. The entire engine is brand new (not the original engine) All I know for sure is its a 4mill,straight cut gears and the lock up, alot of that money also went to misc. chrome, billit, and polished parts on the engine. He is a BIG man and he has this thing set up to ride like a caddy. He does stuff like this all the time. Just in the last 6 months or so he bought a warrior motorcycle sold it 2 months later bought a new boat, sold it last month and bought an even bigger boat. now that the banshee is done he wants to sell it and start on a raptor 700, which im sure he will have for maybe a year and ride it only 5 times and sell it for something else. He just throws money at stuff and then sells it at a lost. Oh to be rich and not care

Latest posts

Back