Pulled Carb Apart and Cleaned...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree it probably is a waist but for $20 id rather know... trust me I spent $20 on a lot worse **** and the new gaskets etc cant hurt.. its all the jets and gaskets/o-rings etc

the needle is smooth feeling... as far as lemon juice goes its kind of a no hassle cleaning tecnique.. put carb in boil and walla its clean.. where as laquer or varsol etc you need to physically brush it and im lazy lol

I didn't mean to insult/offend you, with my wasting $ comment. Sorry if I did....

It's good that the needle is correct.

I have rebuilt, it seems like, a gazillion carbs. I have boiled, citric acid-ed, and every other new "method."

Lacquer Thinner is my favorite. It destroys EVERYTHING, except metal, before it evaporates. I don't scrub anything other than the pre-wash before disassembly. Only "metal" parts get soaked, and come out, get rinsed with water, and blown dry.

Either way.....

-Rhyno

so have you ordered a rebuild kit fo ryour carb yet?! I ordered mine off ebay and it was a little over 20 bucks and couldnt be happier with it. It had a bad leak when i got it but since the rebuild no leaks what so ever.

Here is the order.....Screw, Spring, Washer, O-ring.

Put all of the parts on the screw and then put the screw in the hole.

If it isn't done like that, the O-ring tends to get pinched and damaged. If you don't use the washer, the spring tears the O-ring. If you don't use the spring, the screw backs out on it's own.

Once the O-ring is damaged, the fuel leaks out and also gives a variable rate fuel/air to the idle. But is dependent of engine temp, as to when this changes the ratio.

(Man........ where's Cody? he could use this info........)

Don't burn it, because even if the K&N sucks it'll still filter better than nothing at all.

By oiling the twin foam and wrapping the dry/un-oiled K&N, you are improving the Filtration, at least by theory.....

But if there is a gap in the fitment, the piss poor K&N will still filter in that one area. But, realistically, the majority of the filtration happens everywhere else.

IF the fitment gaps are really that much of a concern, just put a few drops of oil on them, and you are still not "Over Oiled" because the Twin Foam is carrying the oil and dirt.

I know that I am opening the doorway for Arguments....... but remember it's just an Idea/theory and is untested......

-Rhyno

the carb kit also came with the o-ring too

I ordered the carb kit off ebay a couple weeks ago.. Its probably sitting at the border just need time to go grab it..

Anyone know if there is a pre-filter in the fuel tank? perhaps im not flowing enough fuel.. in the clear filter I can see it filling half way when the bowl is empty and then eventually fills up

Last edited:
I ordered the carb kit off ebay a couple weeks ago.. Its probably sitting at the border just need time to go grab it..

Anyone know if there is a pre-filter in the fuel tank? perhaps im not flowing enough fuel.. in the clear filter I can see it filling half way when the bowl is empty and then eventually fills up

there is usually screens on the pickup on the petcock, if they are clear, your tank cap may not be venting and allowing air in as the fuel level drops

Back