Promark XT series 3000lb winch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07wolver

Reaction score
So my story begins with me getting a pretty mint 2007 wolverine. My first purchase was this winch from Promark. Real simple to install. So after I got it all wired up I pull some line out in my backyard and hookup to a tree. Mind you there is very little weight to be pull since I'm on flat ground. It pulls in about 5 feet then I hear sparks and I see smoke SO I HURRY UP HAD TURN IT OFF. It ended up frying out all my grounds and all components including CDI. I thought maybe I had hooked up something wrong but after checking that wasn't the case. So I buy all new components, CDI,STATOR, RECTIFIER, AND COIL. GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY AND BAMMMM SAME THING.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHY IT WOULD BE DOING THIS. ALL WIRING IS CORRECT SINCE I HAD TO REBUILD WIRING HARNESS AND I EVEN PUT IN BIGGER GROUNDS.

Where did you hook up your positive and negative for the winch solenoid? Did you connect right to battery? Seems really odd that you burned out all the wiring on the quad with a winch install?

The manual has it going from the solenoid straight to the battery everything is color coated and I even checked everything twice to make sure nothing was wrong. I sent the winch back and they are going to testing it.

Promark are lying ASSHOLES

So I had sent the winch back to promark and they would only refund me my money if they tested it and there was something wrong. So I had secretly marked the winch with a marker being sneaky. They did the test and and said nothing was wrong. They sent it back to me and low and be hold it wasn't the same one but a brand new winch.

WHAT A BUNCH A F@CKING dishonest assholes. Because they didn't want to take a loss they lied to me. I will never do business with them again and don't encourage people to either. Ya they the have good prices but that's because they are selling a **** product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back