Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadaim

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm really thinking about picking up a project 250. im just not sure which one i would pick......
Im trying to choose between a Honda 250r or a LT250r Quadracer.. i plan on after fixing it keeping it as a fun bike... for the pits and what not... Which would you guys pick...

I've never rode the suzuki quadracer but after riding my bro's honda thats probably what i would pick.

250r all the way, with a lot of work they can look better than any other quad as far as im concerned and theres a ton of parts available.

definitely the honda between those 2. it's pretty hard to find good parts for the quadracers these days.

Personally, if I ever get the time to restore an older quad, it would have to be a Tecate 4. They were the fastest of the 2 stroke 250's back in the day, and I think they look so much cooler too. I always just had a weakness for them. That cool hideaway headlight is something that was never copied to this day. Plus Mean Green is like the coolest color ever. That's just me though. They're not nearly as well-known as the honda and suzuki, they don't have the reputation of the honda, or the bragging rights of the suzuki (as being the first true high performance sport quad ever produced!!!), but the Tecates are something that will always gets looks, because so few people know anything about them.

Good luck finding one.... people want all kinds of money for them even when in horrible shape... however sometimes you can get lucky.

there was a t4 in the uncle henrys(swap and sell catilog) a few weeks ago that needed a little work
for 800 bucks but it was sold that day it came out.

I like the looks of lt250r quadracers. the hondas are really hard to find for a good price anymore. most of the honda 250r's ive seen are at least 2500 even if they're in pretty bad shape. a decent quadracer can be picked up for just over 1000 then you will have all the extra money to make it nice. just if you get an lt250 try not to get an 85 or 86 because they had some frame issues. plus the later models all came with the powervalve motors so they were crazy fast. as for aftermarket, I'm pretty sure you can still get almost any parts you could need or want for them.

just go with a quadzilla and then you can ride around if first gear doing 20 in the pits. HAHAHAHA jkjk. I would go witht eh 250r much more ups and they look alot cooler. IF you could try a tacate becuase noone has one of those and you would be like noone else now that would be B.A.

yeah im going with a T4 if i can find one and if i cant a 250r no one around here owns either so ill be the only one with either so it will be sweet.. My uncle ust to own a quadzilla that thing was like a unpinned garnade

Before you go with the T4 remember that there is a hell of alot more parts and accesories available for the 250r. Everyone knows that once you get your build done your never gonna be happy and will want to mod this or that and the 250r has alot more stuff out there.

Just something to think about. Good luck either way.

yeah that was ganna be my next question if there was a good aftermarket selection on the t4 but since there isnt that many around ima guessing now.

I would rather have a honda also, i was just saying the suzuki because you can find them for so much cheaper and they are a little faster. the honda has the better handling out of the two and i don't know much about the tecate4

I would go with the one that not many people have. you always see honda 250r's everywhere so I think you should go with something different.

yeah that was ganna be my next question if there was a good aftermarket selection on the t4 but since there isnt that many around ima guessing now.

Yea, T4 parts are definitely scarce. It's hard enough to find replacement stock parts for them unless you know all the right places to look. I'd still take one over any other old bike though, I like a challenge anyways.

A Tecate 4, in near mint condition, and all original, sat at the local powersports shop for nearly a year at $2,300. Probably because nobody knew what the heck it was or what it could do. It shouldn't be hard at all to find a beat one for cheap.

020061031035133.jpg

This one was for sale for 800$ but it was sold when it was first issued

wow, looks really junky. and the 400ex behind it. but it was worth the 800 bucks I think. BUT you don't rly know how much you need to put into it. I googled these quads and only a few came up. they are kind of nice but maybe a bit square. but I like them cause they're different. I think you should keep looking for a tecate and if you get tired of looking go for something else

Back