Programmer, HOLY SH..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topdwg

Reaction score
Well the wife bought me my Bullydog programmer for the truck and all I can say is I'M IMPRESSED and a bunch of other vulgar words...lol Anyway, on max setting with the transmission on "aggressive" I can stomp the peddle and roast the tires off! Then when it finally starts moving it'll chirp the tires in all the gears! I was amazed, I didn't expect this at all. I've had programmers on some of my other gasoline vehicles and wasn't impressed at all. So I was skeptical at even letting her get it for me. Man am I glad she did...lol Now I need some gauges to monitor my EGT's and boost and I'll be set....for now at least. Later will come the exhaust and intake,,,man I can't get over how this thing woke the motor up...

Well with a diesel since you already have forced induction upping the boost and messing with the tuning with a programmer will yield much greater gains than on a N/A vehicle

Well with a diesel since you already have forced induction upping the boost and messing with the tuning with a programmer will yield much greater gains than on a N/A vehicle

Plus diesels here are detuned because of the crap diesel fuel we have here, pollutes too much.

I love the look on mustang gt owners faces when they get outran by my crew cab Duramax. 500hp. and 850+ lb-ft. of torque will will get a 6000+ pound brick moving pretty quick. If I can figure out how to do boosted launches without boiling the tires it would be even faster.

No kidding, I'm actually having some more mods installed this tuesday

Exhaust, intake, and full set of gauges. Should be good for some extra ponie...lol I've got the fever now it's on!

Some of you guys with the big diesel pickups just make me laugh, just the ones that really have no use for a diesel truck, and just buy it because it sounds cool. I have a buddy that did this.

He had a 2003 Ford 250 Super Duty with a 5.4 gas engine in it, beautiful truck loaded with every option. He just traded it for a 97 powerstroke in "OK" condition because he said the 5.4 was too slow. Best part is, the ol' powerjoke is even slower than his 5.4, he can barely break the tires loose. Just a couple weeks ago he spent about a grand putting 6" stacks in it. Well, first, to me stacks on a pickup truck just look gay, especially when they're big tall ones that turn out the side like he got. And due to the nature of the powerstrokes undercarriage the y-pipe for the stacks is actually IN the bed, not underneath it, which adds an element of gayness in my opinion. So now he's got these big faggish-looking stacks on it, and he's such a baby about this truck that he won't drive it in the rain or snow or mud because he doesn't like to get it dirty (why do you buy a truck with heavy duty suspension, 4 wheel drive, and mud tires if you don't take it off road?) but now it won't fit in his garage anymore, and it sits outside in the rain and snow now which probably made him die a little inside lol.

On top of this all, a couple days after he spent this thousand bucks on his gay pipes, this is a thousand bucks on his CREDIT CARD because he couldn't really afford them, the ****** truck breaks down one morning before he even made it out of his driveway. One of the computers took a **** and now he can't replace the $700 computer because the dumbass maxxed out his credit card on his stacks.

Now, I have nothing against diesel trucks, I love them. I just get a chuckle when somebody has them and it's just to look cool. I'd love to have a diesel myself someday, but it's not going to be one that's all chromed out with chicken lights strung all over it like a christmas tree. I want a dodge cummins with a 6 speed and 4 wheel drive. I won't lift it, that's just stupid, because lifted trucks suck for towing. And my exhaust system will consist of a straight pipe that dumps right behind the cab of the truck.

If you guys put stacks on your trucks I WILL have to call you fags lol.

I'm making a poster of these pictures and hanging them on the wall of our garage lol.

9c92b351e03b5e5ce479b8bf034f1b76.jpg

f19b75919c1556af457cf55decf3c41a.jpg

4ff78243a4dfe2a0539a186c2b9ad370.jpg

I hate it when people that have no need for a big 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck get them just b/c they think there cool..but where I live most people that have them use them for work trucks..It just doesnt make sense to me..spend 40 grand on a truck thats never gunna have anything in the bed or ever pull a trailer

Well my truck was bought for a purpose, to pull my 38 foot toy box. I understand what you guys are talking about and to a point I agree. As for stacks, same as you yama, GAY. My truck will not be lifted because, A - it's already high enough and second it was, like I said bought for a purpose. My power adders will be to benefit my towing since I don't just stay in the local area. My son will start racing seriously next year and we plan on going all over NC.

As for your friend with the stacks you should probably talk to him about money management. I personally don't buy anything unless I can't pay cash. Only payments I have are my two vehicles and house, and even then with my cars I put half down (gotta love living overseas for three years....SAVE, SAVE, SAVE). Anyway diesels are great, but they are labor intensive and do have a higher cost with maintenance. For example an oil change if you pay to have it done will cost close to $100, or at least mine dones, 16 quarts.

Gotta run, kids are a calling...

Diesel engines from the factory are basically tuned to last the life of the truck. The reason why programers can do so much is the fact they have turbo/intercooler, big Cubic inches, very high tech fuel systems that can inject at pressures around 30,000 psi, high tech 4 valve heads. After you start putting the fuel to it you will wear it out. If you don't wear the engine out then for sure the drive train.
Mark my words this is the only begining.. next you'll blow the turbo off that thing and then you'll want bigger. Its really a never ending cycle until you relise that its just one big money pit. Somewhat like the warrior for me!

No one said making horsepower was cheap...lol

i have a 3/4 ton 4x4 1998 Ram lifted up, soon to have 37's on it, it would be nice to have a diesel but the old 360 with the 4.56 gears will pass about everything except a gas station, lol the only thing that sucks is the heavy ass warrior is a bitch to load, lol but as far as towing, it does fine, i have a 7" drop hitch it just burns more gas, lol

Back