Procom CDI Box Question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noggin587

Reaction score
Hi, to all of you it's been ages since I logged in, but I have a '01 Warrior and I haven't turned it on for several months, and it has been stored in my garage and I tried to start it and nothing. I figured it out and its my CDI box...I am 100% sure it's the CDI box, got a mechanic to check it out and he agreed with me. Well, I am searching for a CDI Box for my Warrior. Do you guys think a Procom Rev Box CDI is good or what do you guys suggest?

P.S: I don't want it to run faster or anything just want it to run.

never heard of anyone running them on here but for $90 new, you can't go wrong with that!

Nope, Procom is crap. Go with a used stock one, much more reliable.

The procom and other re-badged similar cdi's (like big gun) for the warrior are known to be much more trouble than they are worth. They quite frequently burn up, usually within a couple of years but sometimes they last a couple weeks or are bad right out of the box. They also have a real pain in the ass tendency to not spark if the battery is anything less than a full charge. Just sitting out in the cold in the winter is enough that the cdi won't spark and you'll never get the engine started.

Definitely stay with a stock one, you can probably get a good used one on ebay for dirt cheap if you watch for one.

YamaRider said:
Nope, Procom is crap. Go with a used stock one, much more reliable.

The procom and other re-badged similar cdi's (like big gun) for the warrior are known to be much more trouble than they are worth. They quite frequently burn up, usually within a couple of years but sometimes they last a couple weeks or are bad right out of the box. They also have a real pain in the ass tendency to not spark if the battery is anything less than a full charge. Just sitting out in the cold in the winter is enough that the cdi won't spark and you'll never get the engine started.

Definitely stay with a stock one, you can probably get a good used one on ebay for dirt cheap if you watch for one.

Agreed.

Dyna is good to, I have one. If you need a rev limiter and adjust timing it works. Still recomend you get a used stock or Dyna. Also modded up motors don't like any more timing with the JE 10.5:1 piston.

Ok, thanks guys. I will go with the stock one. Another noob question, does it really matter what year I get it? Like what if I get a '99 Warrior CDI Box?

Yeah, it does matter. Yamaha changed the wiring harness, CDI, and connectors through the years several times, so you need to get one for the same generation as yours. Any cdi from 1997 to 2001 should work, just make sure you study the pics of it and compare it to the one you have now. If it looks different it probably is, check with us if you're not sure.

Back