POWER core 4 and powerbomb header, anygood?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor350yfm

Reaction score
im thinkin on buyin the FMF power cor 4 wit the powerbomb header, did anyone try ths combo out, is it any good? and i hear alot bout HMF, but is FMF bettr or worse?

I'm not a big fan of FMF stuff, i've had bad experiences with some in the past and I never cared for the sound of them.

The header really isn't necessary on a warrior. Just take the stock one off and grind down the weld at the mounting flange and it'll flow just as good as an aftermarket one. The only thing the powerbomb really does is shift the power into the higher rpms a little and actually decrease the low end some.

I would really take any slip-on over FMF except the really cheap ones like cobra, jardine, dg, and that junk. HMF, Two Brothers, Big Gun, and Yoshimura are at the top of my list as far as the more well known companies go. I think that Barker makes the most badass ones out there, with Monster and Looney Tuned tying for a close second. They are more limited in availability though, and cost more.

i have a raptor 350. so where will i feel the power with the HMF pipe? And which of these companys would u say makes the best pipe for the raptor? HMF, Two Brothers, Big Gun, and Yoshimura. i heard the sound of the LRD pro 4 full system exhaust and im likin it.LRD claims 8hp gain from stock.
Weight: 9.8 lbs
Peak Power 27.3 HP @ 7400 RPM
http://www.jokersracing.com/graphics/raptor350dyno.gif

wat do the stock 350 raptors redline at?

I have friend that has the full yoshimura TRC on his raptor.Sounds good.Told me he could feel a lot more power with it and a jet kit.

raptor350yfm said:
i have a raptor 350. so where will i feel the power with the HMF pipe? And which of these companys would u say makes the best pipe for the raptor? HMF, Two Brothers, Big Gun, and Yoshimura. i heard the sound of the LRD pro 4 full system exhaust and im likin it.LRD claims 8hp gain from stock.
Weight: 9.8 lbs
Peak Power 27.3 HP @ 7400 RPM
http://www.jokersracing.com/graphics/raptor350dyno.gif

wat do the stock 350 raptors redline at?

anything after 9500 rpm even with a big cam and carb kit, ported, big valve, fully built engine is just pointless on a warrior/raptor engine. Plus your pushing the limits of piston/crank speed after that anyway.
Ok you have an little 350cc engine. Basically with a better exhaust and intake/carb then the warrior already. Which gives the engine around 2 horsepower more then the warrior (20 to 22hp). There is no way just an exahust will give you that much power with this engine. I believe that is like almost 4 percent more which is a huge change. Which most kits claim 20 percent max with intake mods. I would talk the guys at LRD and see how they conducted the test.

YamaRider said:
I'm not a big fan of FMF stuff, i've had bad experiences with some in the past and I never cared for the sound of them.

The header really isn't necessary on a warrior. Just take the stock one off and grind down the weld at the mounting flange and it'll flow just as good as an aftermarket one. The only thing the powerbomb really does is shift the power into the higher rpms a little and actually decrease the low end some.

I would really take any slip-on over FMF except the really cheap ones like cobra, jardine, dg, and that junk. HMF, Two Brothers, Big Gun, and Yoshimura are at the top of my list as far as the more well known companies go. I think that Barker makes the most badass ones out there, with Monster and Looney Tuned tying for a close second. They are more limited in availability though, and cost more.

You think Jardines are cheap junk??? I know for the YFZ 450 it is one of the best you can get.

I can't say anything for their performance one way or another, and I don't know if their build quality improved with the new series, but the ones i've seen looked and sounded like garbage in my opinion, i don't think they were any better than the old dg's, and i'm not sure if you're familiar with old dg's, but it's equivalent of replacing the silencer with a piece of aluminum downspout and a coffee can lid on the end. Except the aluminum downspout wouldn't rust and is light weight. So in some ways the old dg's were worse than a piece of downspout for exhaust haha.

Mine is the RT-4 and the fit and finish are hands down top notch. Maybe I got lucky, who knows. I do know I don't buy junk or buy things to buy them. I'm one of those guys who will research and research something before I'll even think about guying it. Not trying to make this a "this pipe is better war" I just wanted to give a little more insight on Jardine. They maybe aren't the best (even then it's opinion) but by no means do I think they are cheap or junk. Plus I don't even think they make a pipe for a warrior do they? I think they only do 450's? I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. Sport bike wise they make a bad ass pipe! I mean come on
Miguel Duhamel rolls with them...LOL For those who don't know who he is google him. He's the 2nd winningest AMA rider in the Super bike series.

04 warrior white bro pipe powerbomb header pretty sick ride powerbomb is a great upgrade also just installed lonestar +2 a arms 770 got for 300 new i work at smith marine in newbritian just raced vtwin efi canam 650 even race 150 jet revbox aluminum airbox 15 tooth sprocket sick ride

Back