Possible Clutch Problem in 1st

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwgsx

Reaction score
I got this 01 Warrior on a trade for a Blaster so as I am going thru everything I find that as I go thru the gears it shifts fine BUT when I downshift say from 4-3-2 and when I hit 1 the tires lock up for a second when I release the clutch lever and then turn free again. It seems that it only does this when it hits 1st if the rpms are high enough. Is this normal? I have owned 2 stroke dirt bikes and the Blaster and they never did this but this is my first 4 stroke. The p.owner said he just rebuilt the clutch and added a extra spacer?? I am taking him at his word but he seemed to know his stuff and also said he works at a Yamaha dealer on the weekends. :crazy: He also said he repaced the timing chain and drive chain and gear- which I see is new.

4 strokes have more engine breaking, blip the throttle to match the revs or don't downshift when going so fast, 1st gear is pretty low

first gear in an atv is worthless!!!!i don't even start out in first on my 4x4 rancher.there is too much gap between first and second.if you are going slower than 3mph you can put it in first but that's it.

Good to know, ill give that a try. Thanks

Back