possibilities

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No for the kick start, but yes for the pull start. The original warriors came from the factory with backup pull starters, and since the bottom end of the engine remained unchanged, those parts will bolt right in.

Definitely, it's the same engine. You just have to make sure you get all the parts. If you just get the recoil assembly itself and bolt it on, nothing will happen when you pull it. There's an adapter piece that goes between the recoil and crank that also needs to be installed. Just about anything in the parts diagram for the 87-88 recoil will be required.

there is always a lever on the exhaust side valve cover. that came with the pull starters to make it a little easier. decompression lever.

A "LITTLE" easier is the key phrase.

Even with the decompression lever, it takes all I have to pull over mine with a 10.25-1 Wiseco in it.

EVERY pull start warrior is like trying to pull over a 350 small block it seems.

Is this Really Necessary? I mean I have an 89 ANd I would actuall prefer to remove the Pull Start I really don't ever seeing the need to have one where I ride and with who I ride I would think you could push start it easier

yea fudge pulling it by hand id rather roll mine off of a hill in 4th 5th gear and dump the clutch ive even pushed it by hand on flat ground and had it in 5th gear and started it . it's not too hard.

Except pop starting it is hell on your starter clutch. There have been plenty of times that I wished I had a pull start on mine.

A "LITTLE" easier is the key phrase.

Even with the decompression lever, it takes all I have to pull over mine with a 10.25-1 Wiseco in it.

EVERY pull start warrior is like trying to pull over a 350 small block it seems.

Fun,yeah

Back