POS Yamaha bolts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floridaredneck

Reaction score
Why in the **** do yamaha use POS bolts and want to be threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just stripped 3 bolts out on my raptor! All with just those little baby ******* ratchets. What the hell is wrong with the raptor. Any one want a shitty ass raptor?

Yamaha does use really shitty bolts. I stripped out and broke off countless bolts and threads on the warrior, and even on the 700 i've found that they're still cheap ****. The best thing to do, i've found, is to replace anything you take out with new ones. Especially when it's something that'll be a pain to remove when it breaks off, like clutch cover bolts. I've put those suckers in with a torque wrench and twisted the head off already.

Exhaust bolt, side case bolts, timing chain tensioner bolt and countless other. It just pisses me off I can't even work on the dam bike without something stripping. Last time I'm going to work with a Yamaha, Honda's are a lot easer.

floridaredneck said:
Exhaust bolt, side case bolts, timing chain tensioner bolt and countless other. It just pisses me off I can't even work on the dam bike without something stripping. Last time I'm going to work with a Yamaha, Honda's are a lot easer.

Like you strip the bolt head out or the fastener breaks off inside or what??
I've taken my fourwheeler appart about 4 times now (at least) and the stock fastners are still in great shape and haven't striped one out. Are you using metric tools and a torque wrench.

The threads of the strip, heads come off just about everything, yes I'm using metric and I was just tightening them down with a 1/4 socket then I was going to torque them but I never got that far.

floridaredneck said:
The threads of the strip, heads come off just about everything, yes I'm using metric and I was just tightening them down with a 1/4 socket then I was going to torque them but I never got that far.

yup that would piss me off too!!

Yea I've stripped too many bolts, especially hex heads. Why can't they just use good quality bolts?

Yeh easy out and heli-coils are some of my best friends along with PB blaster and a drill.

floridaredneck said:
Yeh easy out and heli-coils are some of my best friends along with PB blaster and a drill.

LOL! Aint that the truth....

All that stuff has saved my ass more than a few times.

The stator screws are another source of annoyance for me, I even heated the hell out of them knowing that they had been loctited and I still rounded them out horrendously.

I've never rounded the head they just seem to snap off or the threads will get stripped. By the time im done my re-build ima have more heli-coils in it then anything else.

Always use a penetrant oil.... even if you dont need it, it still lubes the threads. And when putting bolts back in try a good anti seize. I have only ever had problems with the gas tank bolts really, and 1 clutch cover bolt.

Back