Port and polish

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txdunerider

Reaction score
Been a while since I have been on here but I am about to tear into the wife's warrior .what type of gains are you guys seeing on p&p? Any cam suggestions? Also bigger bore or higher compression stock bore? I know the cranks are weak so I don't know the best option

Thanks again guys

The cranks aren't weak. They are better than all the aftermarkets. Most builders use the stock crank to stroke it. Anyway, what type of riding is your wife doing? That is going to dictate the cam you use. With GOOD p&p work and a mild cam, you COULD see 7-9hp. These bikes need more comp, only 9.2:1 stock, go with a 10.25 or 10.5:1. That has a great feel to it, and can run pump gas. You can go as much as .080" over bore, 366cc, but the cylinder is at it's limits, and gets thin. Honestly, most of us prefer the .040" pistons. Still have 2 more over bores left that way. Using the Vito's key will help the bottom end come on faster and stronger, too.

Several of us have the stage 1 hotcam and like it. Myself and Weston have em, and '00 WO YA! does as well. None of us have any complaints. It is very close to the Web .390, but you can use the stock valve springs and rockers with the hotcam. You need HD springs and hardweld rockers with any of the 3 or 4 Web cams. Megacycle makes 2 cams for these bikes, the 252x1 and 252x2. Both require HD springs, but no hardweld rockers, so about $130 cheaper right off the get. Stay away from the 252x1. Nothing wrong with it, but unless all she does is run WOT all the time, it is going to be too top end happy for the stock stroke. That's why I'm using it in my stroker. Several of us have the 252x2, and seem to like it's power. It gives a stronger mid range, I believe. Never ran the stage 2 hotcam, but it is deisgned to be used in their +4 stroker kits, to bring the top end back into the power band. It's not a crazy big cam like the 252x1, so depending on riding style, mods, and gearing/tire size, it would prob perform ok.

All we ride is sand , no trail ride stuff at all really

Well, then I'd go with a Web or the 252x2 from Megacycle. Web has 3 or 4 cams availible for it. But with the rockers that's every bit $130 more. And, their cam prices just went up nearly $15 I think. Powroll has cams, too, but I'm nearly positive they are made by Web, and 2 are the same profiles. Must be nice to ride sand, I miss it so...

It is great riding sand for sure she is just due for a rebuild/upgrade

The cranks aren't weak. They are better than all the aftermarkets. Most builders use the stock crank to stroke it. Anyway, what type of riding is your wife doing? That is going to dictate the cam you use. With GOOD p&p work and a mild cam, you COULD see 7-9hp. These bikes need more comp, only 9.2:1 stock, go with a 10.25 or 10.5:1. That has a great feel to it, and can run pump gas. You can go as much as .080" over bore, 366cc, but the cylinder is at it's limits, and gets thin. Honestly, most of us prefer the .040" pistons. Still have 2 more over bores left that way. Using the Vito's key will help the bottom end come on faster and stronger, too.

Several of us have the stage 1 hotcam and like it. Myself and Weston have em, and '00 WO YA! does as well. None of us have any complaints. It is very close to the Web .390, but you can use the stock valve springs and rockers with the hotcam. You need HD springs and hardweld rockers with any of the 3 or 4 Web cams. Megacycle makes 2 cams for these bikes, the 252x1 and 252x2. Both require HD springs, but no hardweld rockers, so about $130 cheaper right off the get. Stay away from the 252x1. Nothing wrong with it, but unless all she does is run WOT all the time, it is going to be too top end happy for the stock stroke. That's why I'm using it in my stroker. Several of us have the 252x2, and seem to like it's power. It gives a stronger mid range, I believe. Never ran the stage 2 hotcam, but it is deisgned to be used in their +4 stroker kits, to bring the top end back into the power band. It's not a crazy big cam like the 252x1, so depending on riding style, mods, and gearing/tire size, it would prob perform ok.

Actually the hardness of the rockers arms that the warrior engine uses are very close to the hardness that Web Camshaft uses for the lobes on there camshafts. Honda's have a big problem with this but not the warrior engine.

Gen1 how big of a stroker r u buildin ?

Using the hotrods +4 crank, with the 252x1 cam, heavily p&p'd, kibblewhite blackdiamond vlaves, +1 intake, kibblewhite HD valve springs, vito's key, 10.5:1 forged stroker piston from jasonp, prob running it without the base gasket, driveline clutch, lightened flywheel, my own custom header, and if weston can get the fcr tuning down for these bikes I'll buy another and use it. If not I'm looking into the 38mm Mikuni TM.

Last edited:
Actually the hardness of the rockers arms that the warrior engine uses are very close to the hardness that Web Camshaft uses for the lobes on there camshafts. Honda's have a big problem with this but not the warrior engine.

I know that the Honda's NEED the HW rockers. The Yamahas are pretty tough. But, when talking to Web and my friend who does all my machine work, they both suggested the HW rockers. But then it does depend on how hard you ride, too.

Should be. I like the hotrods over the others because it keeps it from being too torquey, imo. And I don't have the money for a big bore stroker from FST, Powroll, or CRW. I think it will be a well balanced power band.

Not it fits without modding. It is best to check the rotaion of it's lobes to make sure you don't have to clearance the cases.

My friend builds gncc, mx, tt, and works searies bikes. He does all my machine work, but I don't know if he is open to new customers at the time.

Back