poped ball joint

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venom

Reaction score
I was breaking in my engine in a easy trail( open dirt roads) wen it happened.
poped the left lower one...:argh:
No budget to buy full flight, besides their are rebuilt with all balls bearings its a shame to go to waste...
can i try to adapt yfz balljoint to lower arms? has someone done it?

I doubt that is going to happen, The ball joints are not replaceable. You need a lower "A" arm. One of the things that suck about owning a Y model. I would look at the rest of them and decide if you should go aftermarket on them all. I keep mine greased real well with a needle grease fitting. I am also running YFZ front shocks. Preventive maintenance is your best friend.

I know they are not replaceble but we can get creative ... :)
How about i mandrilate the a-arm balljoint place in order to press fit an yzf balljoint there is plenty of meat aroud that place.
Does someone knows or can give me the diametre of the round area of the yfz balljoit that fits the a-arm(aprox.)?
i may have to do some steel spacers welded in order to get the ball joit height correct.
help me out guys and i ll do a guide if it works!!!

just another question does yfz and raptor 660 balljoints cone shape part ( the one that goes in the spindle ) have the same angle of the warrior?

yes please! :) some mesurements pherhaps ? if its to big the a-arm will lose strenght because of the size of the hole.

I am not condoning and haven't tried it but on a forum elsewhere a guy claimed that 69 VW beetle joints were compatible...just something to ponder.

thanks man But my problem isnt finding the yfz ball joints , i can get them in ebay, but dont want to order without knowing their diametre. The issue here is that if their are to big then the metal tab around the warrior balljoint will get be to narrow because i will need to open a bigger hole and the a-arm will lose strengh, they need to be the right size, if they arent then its a no go.

just another question does yfz and raptor 660 balljoints cone shape part ( the one that goes in the spindle ) have the same angle of the warrior?

Yes they do have the same tapper that much I know ... As for the size around I have no clue but will look in to it and see what I can find

Wrong It was a set of a arms ag2560 had they used vw tie rods but the spindles were reemed out to fit them

Last edited:
Just buy a new one. Why risk getting seriously hurt for less then $100. I've had one break at full speed and had bike barrel roll causing me bruised ribs

i cant get a new oem arm for 100 bucks here in portugal... more like 250 euros at the dealer.
Importaded A-arms are about 500euro :loco:
I just dont want to spend lots of cash on this bike, trying to do everything my self.
I still dont know if it feaseble, just waiting for someone to give me a balljoint diametre mesurement to see if it can be done in a safe manner.
Off topic:
You sir have very nice bike!!!!!!!!Congrats
Some time ago i saw a topic here of a warrior with yfz plastics was it you ?
can you post a link? Cant seem to find it...
Been offered some used yfz plastics and head lights with grils for 100 euros

Problem solved bought a used a-arm in very good shape.

Back