Pop,pop,pop

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I traded for this Warrior. Starts good, runs good, a little rough around the edges. Added Tusk tie rod, tie rod end kit (one rod was bent, one end broken), and Banshee front shocks (stock ones shot). Rides MUCH better now. Thing is, a previous owner ditched the airbox lid and snorkel and added DG muffler. POPS loudly off throttle, and I don't like it. Work in the ammo industry, and loud unscheduled noises are to be avoided at all times.:tdown:

Check your plug color. Sounds like you are definitely lean. Find out what size jets you have in the carb, and get a few sizes bigger for both the pilot and main. Then, just keep switching out different sizes until it runs good and the spark plug looks good.

Think it never got re-jetted? If not, maybe I could just replace lid. Not looking to be 1st'est or fastest. Just got this thing to beat the hell out of at Chadwick Rec. Area. Top speed there is FAR down the priority list.

jetting easy tho ....shouldnt take you more then a day and jets r cheap , does it run good all the way through the throttle rage and only does it at idle when you let all the way off the gas. i would say it either intake boot or pilot jet

Starts easy. runs good, just finished a night ride on my property. All good except the popping off throttle. This thing is stupid fun !!!

Even replacing the lid probably wont fix the issue completely. At least, you need to bump the main up a size or two, and bumping the pilot up a size probably wouldn't hurt either. Depends on what size jets are in the carb right now.

First thing first pull the carb bowl off and see what jets are in it . Stock jets are 45p and 145m

Latest posts

Back