Poll: new cleats for the 700

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
So it's getting to be time to replace the stock radials on my rappy 700 and i'm trying to decide what I want to put on it. I was going to get something like Holeshot HD's on all 4 but then I started thinking about how badass this thing would look with a more aggressive tire on it like some Kenda Bear Claws. I think it would look sick. (see Bad04Warrior's pics in the gone but not forgotten section to see an example)

Of course the mud tires wouldn't be quite as good on the track, and would slow me down a little bit because of the weight, but i'm thinking it might be worth it for the extra ground clearance and extra bite.

I want to see what everyone else thinks, somebody might have a better idea than I do or have a reason to avoid one of these. As of now i'm leaning towards the Bear Claws, not only are they tough tires that will look badass, they are also about 20 bucks cheaper per tire compared to the others I listed.

Regardless of what I decide, I'm keeping the stock black wheels. They're tough wheels and I'm too hard on them to get anything nice.

Here's what i'm working with right now:

100_1576.JPG

100_1571.JPG

100_1572.JPG

I was looking at Bear Claws for my fall/winter set,but I like the ITP Mud Lite SP.Save a few bucks and gain some clearance sounds good though.

razr 2 fronts and razr rears,,, is what i got on my warrior and my brother has on his 450 and they work great!! and if u r looking for a good deal go to the xc races to pick up some good used ones cheap! but be careful to really check for holes because sometimes the have a small slow one and sometimes the whole sidewall is torn out

im with baddog.im runnin the mudlites on my warrior,and they do really well on the trails.

Look into a company called BKT. The AT-111HD's are the Razr2 knockoffs and there 6ply, which I run and love and you can usually find them pretty cheap, if you can find them! I know of some local companies here that sell them (there North American offices are here in Akron)

I don't think i'd take my chances with the mudlites, the rubber is pretty soft on them from what i've seen. I would probably tear through a set of those in 3 rides (I ride hard, and my raptor is putting out over 40 hp, not good for any tire).

I don't know that standard razrs in the rear would have enough traction for me, that's what my brother has on his 250ex, the way that rides I can't imagine those tires handling the power the raptor has without breaking loose everywhere. I want a tire that can put all that power to the ground without spinning, the stock ones are at the point that it's hard to get it to wheelie on dirt and I hate it.

what all did you decide yamarider? i really like my all trac but they are kind of heavy, but for the kind of riding i do they are perfect

I haven't decided yet, it'll probably try to get a couple more rides out of the stock ones.

Right now i'm leaning towards the GBC X-Rex but I haven't talked myself out of the Bear Claws either.

I went into the local shop last Friday, I thought I had my mind made up to get the X-Rex's. I like razr 2's but the x-rex are cheaper, and I ruled out the Bear Claws because after a recent trip to Breezewood Proving Grounds I remembered how much I love riding MX with this thing and mud tires seemed like a poor choice for that. They couldn't find the x-rex's in their catalogs, but talked to them awhile and they talked me into Holeshot GNCC's. There was a 450 in the shop that had them on and they looked sweet, and are 6 ply and weigh half of what the HD's do somehow. The pictures in the catalogs always made them look like a semi-rounded profile to me which I don't like, but the GNCC's are actually a perfectly flat profile like a razr or holeshot when they have 5 psi in them. I ordered 22" front and 21" rear, the extra 1/2" on the back does actually make a little difference on the trails, all the rocks and the ruts that the guys with 20's hit don't hit my skid at all anymore. They still handle like a 20 though and don't weigh much more.

The bad news is that I got them installed on my stock wheels, only to discover during the test ride that I must have bent the axle on the left side and bent the wheel on the right side when I was at the track 2 weekends ago. Of course that means I have an excuse to upgrade though so I still win I guess. I just bought a brand new Lonestar Axcalibar XC axle on fleabay for $319 shipped. That seemed like the best option to me, since the G-force is only available in extended lengths and the Durablue HD is still sold as a no-jumping axle, and without a lifetime warranty. I think i'll be ordering up some black ITP Baja T9's for the rear, they should still match up with the stock fronts nicely and I don't think i'll have to worry about bending them.

And that quick I just spent as much money on tires as I did for my running, inspected dual sport last summer. It's not helping that the bastards at the local shop keep egging me on because they want to see a 700 with dual exhaust. So do I, I just don't want to spend the money, but I suppose it's worth another $700 to make it sound like a complete monster and add another 10 horsepower. I have been nearly doubling my paychecks working overtime 3 nights a week for the last month, so I guess i've earned the right to spend my money on some frivolous things. I haven't went this spend-crazy on aftermarket parts since I had the warrior.

DUDE.....we best be seeing and hearing that dully exhaust on your craptor.....uh, I mean raptor.

Latest posts

Back