Polishing wheels?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikewarrior350

Reaction score
how hard would it be to remove the gold anodizing from the factory wheels? id like to polish them since they are really trashed and look like crap since i dont have money for new wheels and pretty much all the used ones on ebay are way over priced for a used factory wheel

I would think by the time you hit them with polishing compound it would come off. Im going to do mine when I get new tires and sand down all the scuffs but mine arent anodized.

im gonna try regular car cutting polish cause i got a bottle of that stuff in liquid form. if that dont work oven cleaner will be the next step im thinkin. from what i found searching around its the lye in the stuff that will strip the coating. one other thing, is this gonna make the wheels oxidize quickly cause i dont really want to have to re polish the wheels all the time. i no factory polished wheels have a clearcoat on them

What polish you using? Tripoli and white rouge get great results or even some mothers billet wheel polish does a pretty good job. They will have to be smoothed before hand tho to get the best results.

if u use the oven cleaner u need to use "EASY OFF" brand....the cheaper ones won't cut the anodization

If you use easy off, don't let it sit on there for a few days (like I was told) it put horrible pits in the wheels, so bad I ended up buying another set.

Back