Please help!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler

Reaction score
OK Ive narrowed down the starting problem but it dosent make since at all. when i turn my fourwheeler on and the battery is hooked up good with all good connections and the neutral light is on but dim i hit the start button and it clicks once or twice but sometimes buzzes. But if i hook my battery charger up to the battery WITHOUT EVEN HOOKING THE CHARGER UP TO THE WALL and put the positive battery charger clamp to the battery it does nothing but when i put the negative on the battery the neutral light gets brighter and then it will start right up! dont make any since to me at all! PLEASE HELP!!

Check those battery cables.. Sounds like when you put the clamps on the battery it makes the connection stronger.. Take the cables off and clean them and reconnect everything.. Just my 2 cents worth.. Cheap and easy to check..

hmmm i would say thats either a bad ground or a bad battery.... does it start then when you put the charger on it without even plugging it in? thats strange ill give you that

It's gotta be a bad connection. Disconnect both of the cables from the terminals, clean them up good with a wire brush or sandpaper until both the cable and battery terminals are shiny and clean, then put them back together, tight but not so tight that you damage them. See if that fixes it, I can't see any other reason that the battery charger would be making a difference except that alligator clamp is jumping across the cable to the battery, creating a better connection.

Latest posts

Back