pistons?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go with JE or the brand that's used in the hotrods stroker assembly, the wiseco pistons look much weaker. The JE pistons are beefy as hell and still very light.

I'm not sure as to which is beefier, but I do know that I'm running a wiseco atm, and I have no complaints. Though when I bought the warrior it was already installed. And I do see that quite a few people on here also run Wiseco's.
~Bill

well let me tell you, im a muscle car guy, and the engine in our 77 camaro has je flat top high comp. pistons, and there also in some nascars, indy, and F1 cars, if i got a piston i would stick to the brand that i know can handle 800 nascar HP, the 15,500 redline of a F1, and the deamands of a street rod, go with the JE!

i used cast speed pro's in my 406 and im not complaining but i never built it for Nitrous or forced induction

Its really the same kind of question as "do you like McDonalds or Burger King"....
the pistons you listed are all decent in thier own way....weiseco's are typicly cheaper than the others, but that has nothing to do with quality...just that they sell close to 100 to the the competitions 1. JE's are heavier duity but my theory is this...its a little motor, if for some reason your piston does pop, would you rather have something light in there flopping around or some heavy hunk of metal scarring/tearing everything up. Ive actually seen guys pop a weiseco piston and get away with a just a good hone...you would never get that with the others. (IMO)

Wiseco is the number one name in powersports pistons period. They have been for years, especially in the 2 stroke world. But i would stick to known brands, Wiseco, JE , Arias, Niks even though ive never liked niks ive heard some good reviews about them, but i never had any luck with them nor tried them in any fourstroke.

Back