piston and rings?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrenize

Reaction score
what is the best comp ratio and rings to make my warrior a little more beefy? its all stock but that may change sense im not aloud to ride right now. maybe a cam, exhaust, and intake? let me know cuz it smokes a lot when cold right now

JE 10.50:1. Run on pump gas and help in the hp department. And be alot stronger than stock

Yep that or Wiesco 10.25:1,that really depends on what bore. Whether it be stock bore or an over bore. The JE is only available in a few bores where the Wiesco is available in all

The 3 best pipes ever tested on a warrior are, White Bros. E series, Yoshi, Hmf. Alot of guys like different pipes as Ive liked the 2 on my warriors, an old Super Trap and a Big Gun.

Its the big bore/ maximum you can go
Max on a stock sleeve, there are bigger ones but reliability is questionable.

Personally I have only had the HMF and I like it but its loud as all get out.

then dont get anywere near mine lol

i prefer the HMF personally for sound and looks and they tend to be a tad more snappy but i prefer the GYT-R over all but they are like 1in1,000,000,000 chance to find one

Supertrapp 4" race series FTMFW!! LOL, na, whatever floats your boat man, I'm just boasting the Trapp cause I have one, haha! The pipes that '98 listed are supposed to be Good, LRD is also pretty proud of theirs, maybe it's worth a shot, idk.
Most guys say for all around good power a Web .390 & matching springs. You could use the Wiseco piston 1mm over for a semi big bore. At 1mm it'll yield a lil more compression than the advertised 10.25:1. A carb upgrade & a custom FSR Airbox by Weston! Na, those are one off & I'll have the only one in existence! Choices are pretty limited for airboxes, most guys just upgrade the filter & cut the top out of the lid. CFM Makes one but I haven't heard much praise on it. Good luck!

i want to get a cam, heavier springs, 3 angle valve job, 10.25 piston. exhaust of some kind and modded lid. someone said something about a .410 grinder cam or something like that? i want much more power for cheap.

also, what about a litghtened flywheel? for better throttle response? but not enough to really hurt the torque

That's the key, keeping the balance of not looking the inertia of the flywheel with too much weight removal. I'd suggest asking whomever you have do the work. Tell em the type of riding you do & go from there. If you do much trail riding ot hill climbing ya might not wanna remove much. As far as a .410 cam I haven't heard of it but alot of companies do regains based on the stock cam. Greg @ CWR does a .415 but Idk if that's close to what you want.

i ride a lot of high speed trails and small hill climbs. i dont really ever need bottom of 1st so just a few ounces would be good i think and i would like to make up for loss of torque with the cam and springs

Latest posts

Back