Pissing gas.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giraffe02

Reaction score
I had my quad at the local dealer twice already for this same problem. They put in two brand new carb kits back to back and the carb is still messed up. The thing runs like a freakin top so I don't think it's the jetting but if I turn the petcock on then it will just start pissing gas out of the rubber hose at the bottom of the bowl. Right now i have to start it with the gas off and then once it's running turn the gas on. Then it will run beautifully but it will still piss gas out of the rubber hose. This thing is really annoying me.

Ok if the gas is coming out of the hose off the bottom of the bowl its because thats the drain hose so you can drain the bowl of gas. There is a 4 way screw right by where the hose connects to the bowl that needs tightened and it should stop leaking.

the needle on your float is to low. there is a tab on the float where the needle mounts to. bend it towards the carb a little bit. not to much or you wont get enough gas. your leaking gas out the over flow because the needle is not stoping the gas from flowing into the bowl when the float rises.

I was thinking that because the screw that is next to that rubber hose is stripped to complete hell. I can't tighten or loosen it. The head is almost completely gone. The only idea I have for getting it out is to weld a screwdriver to it and back it out. I was going to do that and replace is and see if that fixes it. If not then I'll check out the tab thing.

87warrior your a really good source for info but i think your gonna get this one wrong this time. 9 times out of 10 its the float. if the screw is stripped that usually means someone over tightend the screw or they couldnt get it out and stripped it. which means its most likely to be in all the way. unless there is crud in there that is not leting it seal all the way. i had the same problem with my warrior when i got it and i fixed my problem by adjusting the float and needle. no more leaky carb. Giraffe02 adjusting the float cost nothing just time. a bowl cost money. i would try the float first before you spend money and it might not be the problem. im not tryin to step on your shoes 87 warrior. your very smart when it comes to warriors. just would hate to see the guy spend money and find out its not the problem.

I'm just checking to make sure but plugging that hose with a bolt would be the wrong thing to do. Correct? How is that different from tightening that screw all the way though?

alright well thanks a lot fshay. you do have an excellent point. the screw is probably stripped because it was turned in all the way. so a misadjusted float would cause the quad to run like a top but piss gas at the same time?

dont plug the hose. there is a over flow in there. when to much gas gets in the bowl it is forced out the over flow. if it had no where to go it would flood the carb. the reason is running like a top is because your getting the plently of gas to the carb but the extra gas is flowing out the over flow. if you plug the hose it cause the carb to flood and stal the motor.

so the carb is only using the fuel it needs to make the quad run like a champ and the excess is flowing out the overflow tube? that makes sense. so basically the float has almost nothing to do with how well the quad is running? it simply controls the amount of gas flowing into the carb?

it has every thing to do with how well the quad runs.when ther is no gas in the bowl the float drops down which pulls the needle down. as gas enters the bowl the float rises which raise the needle into the seat. once the needle tops out the gas is cut off to the bowl until the gas is use and float drops and allows more gas to enter. your needle is not seating all the way which is causing to much gas to enter the bowl and flow out the over flow. if it where to get more gas than it is know it would cause the carb to flood. u just have to adjust the tap on the bowl to allow your needle to seat better.

yeah just a hair towards the carb which will raise the needle in to the seat. you may have to do it 1 or 2 times or more to get it right. you said the carb was rebuilt twice by a shop. did they replace the float, needle and seat? sometimes the float gets a pin hole in it and allows gas to enter the float which sinks the float to the bottom of the bowl and allows way too much gas to enter the bowl.

pretty sure the bowl drain hose is seperate and right next to the drain screw but not looking at the carb right now so can't say for positive

mine does. there is a small diamiter tube that comes straight up out of the bottom of the bowl. thats the over flow correct? that tube feeds into the hose on the bottom. the drain screw feeds into the same hose on the bottom. i only have one hose on the bottom of my carb. i have a extra bowl and i just ran water thu the tube and it ran rite out the drain hose on the bottom. and my drain screw is tight. what two hoses are you talking about elwood?

mine does. there is a small diamiter tube that comes straight up out of the bottom of the bowl. thats the over flow correct? that tube feeds into the hose on the bottom. the drain screw feeds into the same hose on the bottom. i only have one hose on the bottom of my carb. i have a extra bowl and i just ran water thu the tube and it ran rite out the drain hose on the bottom. and my drain screw is tight. what two hoses are you talking about elwood?
your right, I saw the pics, but for some reason I was thinking there was seperate hoses. I don't know what the hell I was thinking lol

Latest posts

Back