Pissed

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudbogginsouthernboy

Reaction score
Hey guys I bought a shifter off a guy on here I was tapping it on with a board and a hammer remember tapping not beating it on and a peace shot out the other side of my case now there is a big hole how much damage do you guys think I did to it? And not it don't shift gears it just spins down and up.
image_zps25631b1d.jpg

Last edited:
I think that if you remove the clutch cover, you will find that the shaft is okay. It is only kept from moving side to side by the clutch cover itself. With it knocking a hole in the cover I'm betting the shaft disingaged from the shift drum.

WTF? putting a shifter lever on????????? #FAIL All of this is nothing but wrong. No offense man but the more I read your posts, the more I think your a slow 9yr old.

you should never have to tap or pound a shift lever on it should slide on by hand easily if ya take the nut and bolt out all the way first!

I took the bolt out of the shifter before I put it on. I was just tapping it and it broke out the other side I'm guessing it was weak because I wasn't hitting it hard enough to brake it.

There is never any need to beat a shifter on. Just align the splines and slide it on.

Hey man I just installed ALMOST the EXACT shifter that you bought.. Didn't need to use a hammer, just a couple sockets and box end wrenches.. Think through things before bringing out the hammer.

Back