Pipe

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ogener

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my pipe on my warrior from stock and am looking to get either a DG RCM or HMF and later a FMF header. Does anyone have any experience with either? I know the DG is not the best, but, I'm on a really tight budget right now becuase of school and the DG is the best price option. I could buy the HMF and wait to save up enough to buy the powerbomb header. I'm not looking for any bashing about the DG, I would apreciate honest feedback from people who have had experience with them. Thank you for your time.

The DG RCM exhausts are truly junk. I would without a doubt keep the stock exhaust over one of them. You may actually lose power with them, and the best way I can describe the sound they make is "broken lawnmower".

The HMF on the other hand is a great exhaust for the money. The build quality and design is great, they sound awesome, they're lightweight, repackable, have the option of a quiet core and spark arrestor, and come in different colors to match your machine too. All things you can't claim if you have a DG RCM.

I'm wondering what is wrong with the DG other than it is cheap. Is there a design flaw or are they just cheaply made? My friend had it on his warrior and he seems to have liked it.

I'm wondering what is wrong with the DG other than it is cheap. Is there a design flaw or are they just cheaply made? My friend had it on his warrior and he seems to have liked it.

Their design is just total ****. Aside from the design internally that causes a lot of turbulence and doesn't help increase flow over stock, the rest of the design also sucks. The packing will generally blow out within the first year and then it sounds even worse. AND they're not repackable like any decent slip-on. AND you can't get a quiet core for it to meet DB requirements and keep the neighbors happy. AND they're made out of steel that's heavy and rusts. AND the mounts break off all the time. AND they sound worse than the stock silencer with the baffle out. It's worse than stock in every way. Compare an RCM exhaust to even the cheaper slip-ons like the supertrapp and hmf, and there really is no comparison. You just throw your money away with dg and cobra's so-called "performance exhaust". Save your money until you can afford something good, or just don't get one at all. I'm not just trying to bash the DG any way i can, it really is that bad, and they should be embarrassed to even have it in their product line.

Thank you, I wasn't sure of the difference between the two performance wise. I will most likely go with the HMF once I have saved enough.

I have the DG xcellerator. It's not bad, and I would recommend it only if you could get a good deal for it. Everyone seems to favor HMF though, and I have only heard good things about them.

i got a hmf and they rullleee....the company is still small and they are all about the customer...for 20 bucks they will re pack it and i believe fix any rivets and clean it for you. also they definatly give major power in my opinion...does anybody though have any though on the fmf powerbomb. i am looking to buy one and was wondering if they are worht it.

i went with the supertrapp ids 2, good sound tunable and noticeable power increase. i think i picked it up for around 300 dollars. whatever u get dont forget the gasket. dumb me i wasnt thinking and had to make a 45 min drive to get one.

Back