Performance

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuana

Reaction score
He guys what's up?

I know for more performance (HMF exhaust, jet kit, k&n pro filter kit) but what now? ???
Cam and piston? What cam would I need and what piston would I need. Don't want to bore my cylinder so are there any options?
Don't know if I could put a different piston in the 2006 raptor 350 SE without boring and then witch cam would I need meaning Make and lift.

Hope you can help me out here. ;D

the cam thing is kinda preferance. hotcams stage one is nice. webcams makes a mid-power cam which is also nice. as far as boring goes, you want to at least have the jug honed so that your new rings will seat. most places can do that even if they don't have a plate for boring it.

I was reading up about the hotcams on this forum and most people wheren't happy with the hotcams because of the manufacturer. (I don't know if it's true!)
But what has to be done if I would like to place a Wiseco .020 piston? Would it make alot of difference?

From reading QUAD I'd say you'd be best putting a better cam, change your cam timing, and ignition(increase RPMs). Higher compression piston, bore it maybe(or stroke w/e you prefer), head porting.

Head porting is always good as long as the person knows what they are doing. The port doesn't need to be huge cuz it's only a 350cc motor. High compression with a port job and good cam will wake it up. Don't forget a good set of tires. The Edelbrock carb makes a world of difference also.

u will notice the overbore piston in beacouse when u verbore u are creating a large combustion chamber and more power and torque to the rear wheels and u dont have to go extrem on the port job cause u are not goan do anything major to your motor so theres no sence of going big on a port job just me.. i have a webcam andits holding up good just make sure u ajust the valvs to what the paper it com,es with tells u to ajust them to cause if u dont it will tick like a sob like with all aftermarket cams and u would want to get springs when u are at it to and do a decent valve lap and valve job

u will notice the overbore piston in beacouse when u verbore u are creating a large combustion chamber and more power and torque to the rear wheels

He's talking about a .20 overbore, not a big bore kit. .20 is nothing, maybe 4 cc's, you wouldn't notice a difference like that other than just getting better compression if the stock bore is worn out.

Ok, so 0.20 is only 4cc well for the money that's not much.
I think I'll hold off on the piston for now because my bike is from 2006 and I don't want to screw up my motor.
But instead of the piston could I still put in another cam without the piston and bore. Don't need the race style cam but would like to have more power. (got to beat my boss on his quad) ;D ;)

Also busy ordering a 14T front sprocket and a 38T rear sprocket.
Hope that helps out a little too.

Thanks for all the help guys. :cool:

14/38t sprockets is gunna slow you down acceleration wise. If you are trying to beat him in a drag race or short trails jaunts, you might want to go 13/42.

14/38t sprockets is gunna slow you down acceleration wise. If you are trying to beat him in a drag race or short trails jaunts, you might want to go 13/42.

Other than this, You should be able to go with a new piston (Higher compression) because with your quad being an '06 you shouldn't have to have it bored. A Honing job runs me around $30 at my shop, it's not much. Compression wise you can then run up to 10.75-11.00 piston (wait for others to speak on the compression ratio for pump gas as I'm not definate on when to use pump gas or mix race fuel it also) on pump gas (mines 10.25 and 91 octane is fine for me, and from what I know as long as you don't break the 11.00:1 [warriors] ratio then your fine with pump gas)

~Bill

My boss and I always race a trail for about 3 to 5 miles, I think it will be ok to run a 14 - 38 because it's not for a short run or drag race.
I would love to run a 10.75, it's better then stock!
I will have to find some one to do the honing for me because I don't want anyone to screw it up and I don't know if anyone can do it here.
Sometimes it really sucks living on an Island but on the other hand riding 365 days a year because of the weather and quads are Street Legal here..........neeeeeeeeeee ..........wouldn't change it for the world.

Thanks for the great advice guys

Back