Passing down the Raptor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palerider

Reaction score
The wife wanted something with a better ride so after a lot of looking she picked out a new '07 Predator 500 Limited Edition. The good news for the oldest daughter is she now gets moms 350 Raptor. She has been practicing all spring on it and is now really excited that it is now hers.

The wifes new ride
Marycropped.jpg

Oldest daughter and mom on their respective rides
TawniandMaryangle.jpg

Riding the new rides and catching a little air
Tawniflyingthe350.jpg

Tawnijumpingthequad.jpg

MaryjumpingthePred.jpg

Marysnewquad039.jpg

Nice Pred, get her a HMF pipe and a Twin Air clamp on filter from hpd-inc.com and she'll be amazed by the performance increase.

Unless she rode his outlaw she is probably still getting use to all this power stepping up from the lil 350.

Thanks for the props guys.

Letting her ride the Outlaw 525 is what prompted her to want a new quad so bad. We were at the dunes when it was wet and really rough and the Raptor was beating the crap out of her. So I let her try the 525 and my oldest daughter took the 350 then I was stuck on the little 150 JetMoto. :mad: Problem was she did not want to give it back. She enjoyed roosting the crap out of me and how smooth it was on the rough stuff.

It may take a few trips before she is ready to mod it up too much. (She is the Money maker in the family, Got to keep her kinda safe. I just build stuff. ;))

Now the 12 year old girl is already jumping the 350 like crazy. She loves the sound of the HMF on the 350. The HMF + Raptor 350 engine is one of the best sounding quads, good sound without being obnoxiously loud like some of your bigger cc machines can be.

Dmmit palerider I feel like a girly man now riding on my 350 when i see ur lil girl on it raaa time to move up maybe a quadzilla or something lol . But those are some nice ride's you have!!!!!

I rode 3-wheelers ALOT back in the 80's. The wife and I were at the Yammi dealer getting some parts and they had a used Raptor 50 out front. Wife made the comment that the kids would probably like that. I tried not to show my excitement outside and agreed. A month later I talked her into letting me just get a quad so I could follow them to keep them safe. The 200X 3-wheeler was in need of a rebuild. That is when I bought the Rappy 350 already planning on passing it down to her once I got everyone interested in riding, which did not take long.

So as each kid has gotten old enough they have graduated from the Raptor 50 to a new machine. Mom was the hardest to get hooked though, she works a ton of hours. I let her ride my 525 and that is what really got her interested in riding. After a recent trip to the dunes I let her ride the 525 and then she knew she wanted something with more power and better suspension.

We start them young.
Marysnewquad041.jpg

The Outlaw 525 and Predator next to each other.
Marysnewquad008.jpg

One nice thing about letting my daughter have the 350 is that girls have that common sense Gene that boys do not have. My boy would wrap it around a tree within the first 20 minutes. And do not let her petite looks fool you. She can and has laid the smack down on many boys her age. She is going for her Black Belt in Karate this December.

I am a burden on society and my wife is a Physician Assitant (P.A.-C.). She works clinic and rotates 24 hour call at the local emergency room.

I use to do the construction thing, so I built the home myself and did most of the work with the help of my dad and wife on her time off, so we saved a ton of money there.

So the lesson here is stay in school! Or marry an extremely smart girl and put her through school and reap the benefits later. :) For those of you with children, I highly suggest getting the whole family involved, including the spouse. It is a great way to spend time together.

All the kids and their machine, before the Predator.
Straightonfamilyofquads.jpg

Latest posts

Back