Parts Bike?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drwgblanks

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I've been lurking this board for a while now. I have a 2000 warrior I bought about 2 years ago. The motor's been rebuilt with weisco piston. I've been doing other fixes on it here and there. I've been following alot of the tutorials and reviews and such. I've replaced the rear axle bearings and the front bearings among many other things. I've also replaced the tires with kenda klaw xc's. I love them but has anybody noticed that their rear size seems to be much bigger than the same size in the kenda dominator? I have them in a 22/11/9. I wish I had gone a little smaller because I liked the size of the dominator. I have a 13/44 tooth setup which would make the warrior scream down trails. But I wanted a little more top. I ordered a 42 tooth rear sprocket along with the tires hoping I could get a little more top, but as it turns out, i need the extra bottom end with these tires.

Anyway, I found a 1987 warrior with an aftermarket exhaust and a "racing" carb (as he called it, I don't know what it is yet). I was hoping to get a few other parts too which are missing off of mine, like the heel guards. Also I want to snatch off the rear brake system because I can't get my rear brakes working. Are these years interchangeable? I'm not sure if the thing runs or not. He's had it sitting because he bought a new quad. He wants $300....I don't want another bike for riding, just for parts. Whaddya think?

y did u go higher in the rear??? you're loosing speed like that... get a 14 tooth front and put the stock rear back on

I'm not sure what else comes with it yet, I think he said there were new front fenders on it.

"why higher in the rear" The guy I bought it from had it that way so I became accustomed to it. I can lift the front wheels completely off the ground in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and occasionally 4th. I can run from roughly 35mph to 63mph and still send the tail end sideways at a seconds notice in 6th gear on asphalt(not that I always ride it like that). It has outstanding power band throughout. My buddy's and I have clocked it at 63 with GPS. I think I can get more out of it though I don't wanna chance overrevving. Most of the guys I ride with have 350-500 4x4's. One has the vinson 500. I can blow him throughout (which is to be expected) and I can still leave him a little on the topend. I have a rev limiter on my bike and know what it feels like. Does the warrior have one? I've never hit it. Alot of people have ridden it and says I could stand to lose a little torque, but I loved it. Now, I'm thinking about going down a tooth in the front to gain what I lost with the new bigger tires (which I still don't understand the huge difference in the same size). I'm sure I'm probably capable of getting it up to 66 or so with the tire size difference. I haven't been able to really open it up since I got them. We seldom ride where we can use it at that speed except for short highway runs while switching trails.

Grab that parts bike, whatever you dont need when your done you can part on ebay. Check the prices on ebay and if the parts on your bike are in good shape it will give you an idea of what you can get. The arms and rear axle setup alone in good condition can grab $300 on ebay easy!

I found out tonight that the bike's motor is locked up. The rear caliper is bad. So the major part I wanted (the brake system) ain't gonna work. I think I'm gonna pass this time. I'm not going to pay $300 for the heel guards, a carb that's going to need a rebuild, and a used aftermarket exhaust. Then I'll have to waste my time parting it out. I may let you guys know how to get in touch with him if he doesn't mind. I'll let you all know this week. Thanks for your help ;)

By the way, I took it out for a spin tonight. Where we used to get in our riding spot, they had added about a 600lb rock. We had it almost cleared enough to get around it but ran out of time and had to move it back. But I got to try out the new tires a little better. I rode on them once when my rear axle bearing was going bad. They still allowed me to throw my rear end around like I needed. However, with a tight rear axle (new bearings) it's hard to do now. I also think that I'm going to go up in the front, I have absolutely no low end now. I can't believe it makes that much of a difference. I am disappointed in the new tires (or should I be disappointed that the dominators were smaller than quoted and I should've known to go down a size???) So nobody answered me about the sizes. Why is the 22/11/9 kenda dominator so much smaller than the same size Klaw? I wonder how Maxxis and ITP measure up in comparison? I have no problems with the Klaws other than that though, they grab like a SOB.

I found out tonight that the bike's motor is locked up. The rear caliper is bad. So the major part I wanted (the brake system) ain't gonna work. I think I'm gonna pass this time. I'm not going to pay $300 for the heel guards, a carb that's going to need a rebuild, and a used aftermarket exhaust. Then I'll have to waste my time parting it out. I may let you guys know how to get in touch with him if he doesn't mind. I'll let you all know this week. Thanks for your help ;)

By the way, I took it out for a spin tonight. Where we used to get in our riding spot, they had added about a 600lb rock. We had it almost cleared enough to get around it but ran out of time and had to move it back. But I got to try out the new tires a little better. I rode on them once when my rear axle bearing was going bad. They still allowed me to throw my rear end around like I needed. However, with a tight rear axle (new bearings) it's hard to do now. I also think that I'm going to go up in the front, I have absolutely no low end now. I can't believe it makes that much of a difference. I am disappointed in the new tires (or should I be disappointed that the dominators were smaller than quoted and I should've known to go down a size???) So nobody answered me about the sizes. Why is the 22/11/9 kenda dominator so much smaller than the same size Klaw? I wonder how Maxxis and ITP measure up in comparison? I have no problems with the Klaws other than that though, they grab like a SOB.
I would still go for it, their will be a day when you say to yourself" dang my a-arm got dented, I shoulda bought that part bike". It happens to the best of us man, unexpected things get broken from riding, ****, I broke a radiator fan and didnt even realize it till my engine light was on and my boot was melted from the heat of the engine.

Back