Parking Brake block off

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dte825

Reaction score
What is the purpose of blocking off the parking brake. I searched and found lots of posts about doing it but none really said why. Is it just any easy fix for a parking brake that doesn't work or is it just a cosmetic thing or is there some advantage to not having a parking brake?

the parking break never works and then the sensors get stupid and set a rev limit and its just a gay set up by yamaha

Yeah, definitely get rid of the parking break. Had the electronic parking sensor engage while riding wfo. Let me tell you it sucks, cause all of a sudden your engine just falls on its face. You start panicing like "wtf?" and stop, engine idles fine, but as soon as you give it gas (due to parking brake rev limiter) it just sputters. Got so pissed off, I snapped off the sensor just so it would quit engaging.

Best to get rid of it (doesn't work anyway) and get a block off kit.

On top of all the above, the parking brake assembly also adds a few unnecessary steps to changing the rear brake pads, and removing it saves a few pounds of dead weight.

Back