park brake

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drac1

Reaction score
is anybody having trouble keeping breaks on the back of the wolvy ..lent my bike (will never do that again)and he adjusted the park break up .u all know how good yamahas park breaks are lol well gog it back no back breaks .well no pad left .when i road it i aways keep it loose.i did a hole rebuild on the back and pads .is there anything i can do to fix this or have a better park break that works right.i aways use a velcrow watch stap on the front leaver lol works ..i think there is a plate for the back but dont know nothing about it .anybody have one or like to share there rear break stuff ..late dave have a good one

I removed my parking brake. It never worked correctly. IMHO, it's a poor design and most quads with a similar setup eventually have issues.

I made a change to how the parking brake works - I did this 2 years ago and it's still working properly - and on the same pads I might add.

Since the change isn't just plain obvious, look for a writeup from me on this. I wanted to give it a while to play out to verify it does work.

I was in the same boat as all the other yamaha riders until I had reached my boiling point and replaced pads 3 times in 1 year. No longer. I use the brakes A LOT in Colorado on all the downhill descents - and I've still got lots of pad left.

I would like to see the write up on the park brake to because my wolvy had the same problems...spending lots of money to not fix the problem. I finally put a zip tie around the park brake because it was so frustrating. I would also like to ask about the front brakes. I have to use them virtually 100% of the time and they are pretty worn. Can anyone tell me how to do a front brake job the right way? It would be a great help.
Thanks-wolvymudder

Wolvymudder said:
I would like to see the write up on the park brake to because my wolvy had the same problems...spending lots of money to not fix the problem. I finally put a zip tie around the park brake because it was so frustrating. I would also like to ask about the front brakes. I have to use them virtually 100% of the time and they are pretty worn. Can anyone tell me how to do a front brake job the right way? It would be a great help.
Thanks-wolvymudder

I'm going to install front pads on mine soon. I'll be sure take some pics.

Sheesh... not pushy or anything are ya? lol Maybe you are just ready to have a parking brake that works? lol

I'll do a writeup with pics and the whole nine yards - but is't not going to be this weekend nor next week as I'll be out of town.

How about I get if for you say.. middle of the week - week after next? how would that be? That just means you'll have two weekends to tell your quad that something good is going to happen - use it as time to bond and to say goodbye to a parking brake that doesn't work so well. lol

I could never get mine to work correctly. I could get it hold, but then it would drag. If I adjusted it so the rear brake wasn't dragging, the brake wouldn't hold. I gave up after that. :lol:

were waiting lol ,ya mine never work eather i hope this how to includes a block of plate .

parking brake

i got the same prob with the parking brake. mine works fine if i get it adjusted right but after 1 ride it quits working so i just quit using it. as for the brake pads the aftermarket pads dont last long at all!! so started making my own pads with clutch lining and jb weld and they work great and last 10 times longer than pads u buy. if anyones intrested i can do a write up of how i make mine.

that would be awsome .its funny because i just pick up of rear pads and saying about making a set lol cool .later dave

how to make your own pads

its actually very simple to do and much cheaper. all u need is some brake/clutch lining which u can get from here, http://www.mcmaster.com/index.asp
i ordered about 5ft of it and have been making pads for a couple of years now. i will have to dig up my recipt and will post exactly what i got and the thickness of the lining. once u have the lining and your ready for new pads simply grind off any remaing pad till your down to bare metal and drill out the hole in the center. i drilled a few more holes in the metal plate to make sure the pad did not go any where. then cut your lining to the right size, spread the JB weld on the lining and place it on the metal plate. fill the holes from the back, be sure u put pleanty of jb weld on there. then just put it in a vise or c-clamp overnight. i put some tape on the jaws of the vise so it wont stick. then just clean up the edges and excess jb weld a grinder and thats pretty much how i do it. the first time i did not think it would work or hold up to much abuse, but it really works if u take the time and do it right. i think they stop just as good or better the store bought pads and they last alot longer.

Latest posts

Back